Chapter 14

Chapter 14

*Talia's POV*

"What did the doctor say?" JC asked as we entered.

I didn't answer. I just continued to the spare bedroom to clean up. I heard mutters from the living room as I cleaned.

"Hey," Kian said and stood in the doorway.

"Please, just go. I think Connor needs you more," I didn't bother faking a smile. I honestly didn't have the energy.

"I don't think he's the one taking it the hardest," he continued.

"I asked you to go. Leave me alone," I said as I poured more hydrogen peroxide on the bed.

"Okay," he quickly retreated to the living room.

After I finished cleaning and had put fresh sheets on the bed, I sat against a wall and broke down. I just let the tears fall. Connor obviously heard my little meltdown because he came in and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. This is what you wanted, isn't it?" I said.

"No, I never wanted this," Connor said softly.

"Well, you weren't too happy about me having someone else's baby, now were you?"

"No, but I never wanted him to die," he said.

"Please go. I want to be alone."

"Alright," he kissed my forehead before he got up.

I stood and locked the door. I just wanted to be alone. Possibly forever. Mason was depending on me. I let him down. I killed him.

I just sat there for a long time. I sat there feeling numb, in a trance until someone knocked on the door.

"Hey, I need something from my bag. I'll be in and out," Sam said. I stood and opened the door.

"Are you going to be alright?" He asked as he dug through his bag.

I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut. Then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me in a hug, then another and another. I opened my eyes to see all 7 of the guys hugging me. I hugged each one back.

"Thank you, I really needed that," I sighed.

"You're welcome, Tally," JC said.

"I'm sorry to ruin your day," I said.

"You didn't ruin our day. If anything you taught us how fast a life can come and go," Ricardo said.

I smiled and wiped my cheeks.

"I really appreciate all of this, but I just really want to be alone," I sighed.

"Okay," Ricky said and started shuffling the boys out.

I shut the door and sat against it. What am I doing with my life?

*Connor's POV*

I can't believe this happened. I'm so distraught. And Talia... she's even worse than I am. She won't talk to anyone. She's been in Kian's room for the last 5 hours. It's 8:30pm and I'm worried. She hasn't eaten all day. I want to check on her, but she asked to be left alone.

I walked down the hallway and knocked on the door.

"Come in," she said.

I opened the door and sat next to where she was laying on the bed.

"I killed him, Connor," she said, still facing away from me.

"What? No you didn't."

"Yes, I did. My body couldn't take care of him. I killed him!" She whispered this last sentence, "I'm a murderer."

I rolled her on her back and leaned over her, "You are not a murderer. I don't ever want to hear you say that again, do you understand me, Talia?"

She nodded and grabbed my shirt in her fists, pulled me down on top of her, and kissed me. I rolled onto my back and took her with me, never unlocking our lips. I felt her tears drop onto my face. My hands were around her waist and her hands were playing with the hem of my shirt. She pulled my shirt up over my head. I followed suit. She started unbuckling my pants, but I stopped her, "Stop, we can't."

"You're right. This is Kian, Sam and Trevor's bed," she half smiled letting me know she was joking.

I sighed and handed her her shirt. She put it on and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, I've done a lot of thinking today and I think... I think I want to go home."

"What? Like as in Texas?" My heart sank.

"Yes, I need a change. I need to get away from this place. It brings back so many hurtful memories."

"You can't go. We can move. I'll go with you," I tried to reason with her.

"No, I need to do this, by myself. I love you, Connor. I really do."

"But?"

"No buts, I love you."

"I love you too," I got up, grabbed my shirt and walked out feeling worse than before.

I was still shirtless when I entered the living room.

Kian and Ricardo wolf whistled.

"What happened in there?" JC asked suggestively.

"No, we didn't...." I trailed off and sobbed, "She wants to go back home. Without me."

Everyone was silent.