Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*Connor's POV*

I picked her up bridal style and descended down the stairs.

"What are you doing?" She laughed.

"Taking care of you," I smiled down at her and her face got serious.

"Connor, I want you to know something, okay?"

"What is it?"

"You don't have to stay with me. If you want me to go I will. This baby isn't your responsibility," she tried not to look at my face.

"I know, its OUR responsibility," I said half joking because that's not what she meant.

"That's not what I meant," I put her down.

"I know what you meant, Talia. And I know I don't have to stay with you, but I want to stay with you. No, I don't just want to, I NEED to," I looked into her eyes. I can't survive without her.

"I just wanted to make sure you don't feel like you have to stay with me. I don't want to be a burden," she looked at her feet.

"You're not a burden, Talia." I opened the door for her to the frozen yogurt place, "Do you remember this place?"

"Of course, this is where we had our first kiss," she laughed.

"Yeah, it took me 3 months just to build up the courage."

"And you didn't even just lay the moves on me. You asked first. You were such a gentleman," she leaned into my side.

"I'd like to think I still am," I laughed nervously while looking down at my feet.

"Hey, you still are. Well, after you know."

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that," I let a tear slip.

She wiped it away, "Stop, I know you are. I forgave you."

"I still feel terrible about it. I'm going to continue to try to make it up to you," I said.

"Awe, Connabon!" she gave me and hug and a peck on the lips. "I love you, Connor."

"I love you, too. Thank you for not leaving me," I whispered. We just stood there, hugging.

"I couldn't. I can't. And won't ever," she let go and continued making her frozen yogurt.

We stayed and just talked about pointless things until the owner threw us out and told us that they had to close for the night. I looked at my phone, it was 11:34pm.

"Wow, we were out for a while," I chuckled.

"Yeah, like 4 hours," Talia smiled. "I'm surprised they haven't called or texted."

"Yeah, well, I'm glad they didn't."

"Why?" She smiled up at me.

"Because I fell in love all over again tonight," I grabbed her hand.

"You are so cliche," she sighed a happy sigh and gave me a kiss.

When we got to the stairs, I gave her a piggy back ride. We opened the door and found JC on the couch, Ricardo on the floor, Ricky in the room he was sharing with JC and Ricardo, and Trevor in our bathtub. I didn't question it. That kid was weird. Talia brought him a pillow and a couple of blankets, but was careful not to wake him.

"Hey, why don't you go put a key out in the plant for Kian and Sam?" She suggested as she crawled into bed.

"Alright," I sighed and did as she commanded. When I got back, she was fast asleep in the middle of the bed. I cuddled up next to her and fell fast asleep.