Chapter 8

Damon, Caroline, Stefan, Bonnie and Elena all sat at a table in the grill. They watched the couple walk in together. Her pinned to his side. Everyone was quiet for a moment before Bonnie spoke up. "So. Is that the man she has been spending all of her time with." Damon nodded looking a little annoyed. "Yep. I haven't talked to him yet. The last time I was in his presence she almost killed me." The entire group looked at Damon confused. He shook his head. "It's a long story." Caroline was next to chip in. "Well she looks happy. Like beyond happy. That's always good." Everyone nodded and even Elena agreed that she looked happy. Damon continued. "I don't know. I don't trust him very well." He backed up out of his chair and stood. Bonnie tried to stop him. "Damon. Whatever you are about to do. It's not a good idea." Damon just shrugged her off and kept walking.

Althea chewed on a french fry and didn't even see Damon walk up to them. "Hey Thea how are you." She could tell in his tone that he was about to do something stupid. About to ruin her perfect night. "Damon whatever you are about to do. Don't." He didn't even look at her. He looked straight to Klaus who was trying to keep his temper under control. She squeezed his hand to remind him to keep calm. Damon started to talk to him. "Hi. I'm Damon. Her best friend. And you must be that guy she is sleeping around with. Nice to meet you." Klaus stood up to that in response and Althea joined him. "Damon I am not sleeping around. Watch your mouth." He continued to not acknowledge her and her anger was rising. Damon took a step closer to Klaus. Klaus was taller so it didn't do much good to make him look threatening. "Damon stop." Althea got in between the two men and placed her hand on Damon's chest. "Behave yourself." She looked over to Stefan and gave him a 'come get your brother look' and he got to handle the situation. "Damon. Come on. Leave them alone." He just brushed Stefan off. Klaus was still trying to contain his temper. "Damon I am going to give you one chance to go before I have to knock you on your ass." He didn't reply. Althea was so confused. So angry. She had not ever seen Damon act like this. What was his deal? Klaus finally spoke up. "You should listen to her you know. She is just trying to save you from a beating." That sent Damon over the edge. He went forward to punch Klaus but he just grabbed his fist. He pushed Althea out of the way so that she couldn't get hurt and she just watched. If they didn't know who he was at first, they do now.

Althea was tired of the masculinity radiating off of Damon. He has already messed up her night. "I said to back up Damon." She got in between them and pushed them away with her magic. The two men broke apart. "Damon tried to come back up to her but could see her eyes glowing a golden color." He finally snapped out of whatever sick daze he was in and immediately had a face of regret. "I don't know what your problem is Damon but I'm not here for it." Althea grabbed her bag and stormed out of the grill. 

Tears were burning the back of her eyes. But she knew if she cried she might not be able to bring herself to stop. Klaus came rushing out of the bar to meet her. Althea felt like she couldn't breathe and her eyes had yet to stop glowing. She was struggling to keep her emotions and magic under control. "Althea. Love, are you ok." She looked at him with genuine fear in her eyes. "Damon walked out of the bar to see how she was as well." he had a feeling of what was about to happen. "Thea. Thea breathe." The minute she heard his voice her body went still. Anger was pouring out of her to the point Klaus could almost taste it. He had seen that look on her face. It was the same look she had a few days ago when Damon was in her house. Klaus has no care in the world for Damon right then. He pulled Althea into his arms and hugged her. She didn't hug him back. She couldn't move. The rest of the group came outside to see what was happening but Klaus paid them no attention. He cupped Althea's face in his hands and saw that her eyes were still glowing. They looked almost lifeless if it hadn't been for the shred of anger in her face. "Little wolf. Breathe. It's just me. You are fine. No one is going to bother you anymore. Breathe." Althea blinked. Her eyes slowly shifted back into normal and a tear rolled down her cheek. "You need to get me out of here. I can't hold it for much longer." He picked her up. "Where do you need to go." She leaned into him trying to calm down but she was still shaking with emotion. "Somewhere secluded. The clearing that you took me too on our first date. Hurry."