chapt 14 | the wedding

Her Fit :

"Hey George, how's it going down here?" I ask, seeing George baking

"Hey George, how's it going down here?" I ask, seeing George baking. "I think this may be my best batch of the day! Wanna try?" "Cupcake batter? Of course I do," I walk over to him, taking the spoon from his hand. "Be honest."

I stick the spoon in my mouth, humming. "Oh my god, that is fantastic George, is that lemon?" He nods, "what else?" I think, "lavender..?" He laughs. "Well done," he continues to pour the batter into the liners.

Katherine walks in, hands full of stuff, "there is no way we are going to be ready for this wedding tonight.." I laugh, "with Jackie planning it, we definitely will be ready for it."

George and I assist her in setting everything down, "thank you. Can someone remind me why we agreed to host?" Katherine asks.

"Because our son asked us, and Jackie said she would organize it," I nod. "Ah, yes. I will forever be grateful to her." She smiles, organizing the things she had just brought in.

"Kenzi!" Jackie rushes in, "can I talk to you?" I nod, smiling to George and Katherine before running outside to meet Jackie. "What do you need sis?"

"I am stressed, there is so much to do, can you help me with some things?" I nod, "of course I can. What do you need me to do?" She presses her hands together, "thank you! Can you take this," she hands me a clipboard with names and tasks. "And let these people know what they're doing?" I nod, "of course, I will go and do that." She thanks me, rushing off elsewhere.

Cole walks out, heading to his car, "what are you doing?" I ask and he turns around. "Going to school to turn in my extra credit assignment," I smile, "I'm glad to hear it, I'll see you when you get back, I love you," I blow him a kiss. "Love you."

I smile, walking into the house and back into the kitchen. "Hey guys, glad you're all here," Isaac rolls his eyes and stands up, "not for long." Nathan grabs his arm, forcing him to sit down. "We're all roped into this."

"Okay.. Nathan you got music? Is everything set up?" I ask, he lifts up his phone, "I got you." He gets up, walking out of the kitchen. "And.. Alex, you are on... meet and greet, show everyone where to go when they arrive and give them the programs?" He nods, "sure thing."

I walk over to Isaac and Lee, scanning the board, "Lee.. can you put covers on chairs?" "Covers?" "Yeah they go on the back of the chairs," "why?"

I drop my arms, "because they look nice? I don't know, they're outside with the table cloths and Isaac," he stops me, "don't tell me, I'm on table cloths right?" I smile, "correct." They get up, getting ready to walk out and I walk off. "I don't get.. why would anybody want to cover a chair?" Lee asks, confused.

I walk out, almost colliding with Kiley, "sorry! Is that the food?" She nods, "you can take it to the tent?" "Yeah of course," she turns. "Oh are you staying for the party?" I ask. She nods hesitantly, "yeah,. Sure why not?" I smile, "great!"