The Truth is Revealed

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

(Master to Kitten, Kitten to Master)
'Thoughts'

[Kitten speech]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hogwarts)

Minerva brought the group of first years into the Great Hall. They all looked around. Some were excited and all were nervous. The second through seventh years stared at the new batch of students. Some were even remembering when they were in their shoes. Teachers and other staff members also stared at the students. Some, like Poppy and Pomena, smiled at them. Severus of course sneered at them. He mostly wanted to get back to his room to see if Harry and Neville wrote him a letter.

Minerva stopped when they came to the stool and the Sorting hat. She explained what was going to happen before calling the first name. She continued until she came to one name. She hid a smirk as she called it out.

"Longbottom, Neville."

The Scottish witch knew that he wasn't there. He was going to the same school as Harry. She called his name for three reasons. One, it was to make her look unaware of what was going on with him. Albus wouldn't suspect her at all. The second was to cause gossip. The teachers would talk to each other as well as their friends as to why the Longbottom heir hadn't shown up. The students would do the same with friends and family. The final reason would be the ministry getting involved. They would try and get into contact with her and learn that she didn't trust the elderly wizard around her grandson.

"Longbottom, Neville." She called out again, acting confused.

Still no one came forward. Whispers erupted between the students. Albus coughed to gain her attention. She looked at him.

"Continue on for now Minerva. We'll look into this later." He told her.

"Okay." She did as told.

'Damn him and his grandmother.' The man thought.

(After the Feast: Dumbledor's office)

Once all the students had gone to their dorms Minerva and Albus went to his office. The elderly wizard sat down in his chair. She stood in front of his desk.

"Why didn't Mr. Longbottom come here?" She asked.

"I have no idea. He was supposed to be. I'll contact Augusta and see what happened." He told her.

"Alright. I just hope everything is okay." Minerva said as she acted worried.

"Me too." He sighed.

"I'll leave you to it." She said.

"Thank you." He said.

She left his office. Albus growled out in anger. He couldn't believe she never sent the brat. He assumed that despite leaving the country she would still send Neville to Hogwarts. The ministry was bound to stick their noses in and see why he never arrived. They would then learn that she never confirmed he would be coming and that could get him into trouble for registering him without Augusta's permission.

"This is all your fault Potter. Had you not died none of this would be happening." He grumbled as he began writing the letter to keep up appearances.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Minerva and Severus)

"How are they?" She asked once the door to Severus's room was closed.