Dance or Die!

After getting back up after a few hours of sleep, and a short trip to MTT-Brand Burger Emporium to get a Starfait for Frisk, the humans have started back on their path. The purchase left them at 7 Gold.

Chara: "That guy seemed pretty done with everything."

Ben: "That tends to happen when you work fast food. He's probably tired from dealing with customers all day."

As they make their way out the back of the MTT Reaort, they see a couple of shadow figures in the distance. After a few seconds of staring, the shadowy figures run away.

That's when Alphys calls them, and Frisk picks up her phone.

Alphys: "Huh? Who are they? N-No one else s-should be here. Oh well! We can't worry about that right now!"

Alphys hangs up, and Frisk puts her phone away.

Frisk: "So I guess we'll be fighting some more."

Ben: "It seems so. Let's just get through it."

=============================================================================================

After a lot of battles and traveling through the maze that is The Core, the humans make it to a red and glowing door. A bird like shape, reminiscent of the Deltarune, is hanging above the doorway. In the center of the circle piece is a glowing red dot.

As the humans were exploring The Core, they earned 670 Gold and a Glamburger. Ben had to eat one of his Cinnamon Buns, and Frisk was fine because of the healing effects of her Apron.

Chara: "I have a feeling there's going to be a boss fight behind this door."

Frisk: "Oh, I have no doubt about that."

Chara and Frisk both look at Ben, who is looking up at the door, but he seems to be lost in thought. Frisk pokes Ben's arm, jolting him out of his daze, before turning his attention to Frisk.

Ben: "Yeah?"

Frisk: "You seemed distracted. Is everything okay?"

Ben: "Yes. I've just been thinking about how Alphys has been acting recently. It's a bit suspicious."

Chara: "What do you mean?"

Ben: "Well, back at the bombs and the tile puzzle, it seemed that Mettaton was helping Alphys with her speaking."

Chara: "Oh yeah. That's pretty suspicious."

Frisk: "But why would Alphys work with Mettaton?"

Chara: "I'm sure we'll figure it out at some point beyond this door."

Ben: "Then let's see what lies beyond it."

The three humans make their way into the room, with Mettaton standing in the center. The humans stop a couple of yards away from the robot.

Mettaton: "OH YES. THERE YOU ARE, DARLINGS. IT'S TIME TO HAVE OUR LITTLE SHOWDOWN. IT'S FINALLY TIME TO STOP THE "MALFUNCTIONING" ROBOT." He makes air-quotes when saying malfunctioning. ".....NOT!!!"

Ben: "What do you mean by that?"

Mettaton: "MALFUNCTIONING? REPROGRAMMING? GET REAL. THIS WAS ALL JUST A BIG SHOW. AN ACT."

Frisk: "And Alphys was part of it, right?"

Mettaton: "CORRECT, MY DEAR." He does a little bow. "ALPHYS HAS BEEN PLAYING YOU FOR FOOLS THE ENTIRE TIME."

Ben: "But why would she do that?"

Mettaton: "AS SHE WATCHED YOU TWO ON THE SCREEN, SHE GREW ATTACHED TO YOUR ADVENTURE. SHE DESPERATELY WANTED TO BE A PART OF IT. SO SHE DECIDED TO INSERT HERSELF INTO YOUR STORY."