001|

"Is he okay?"

"He must be the one."

"Hush Annabeth."

"Let me through, is Grover back?"

"He's waking. Everyone, give him some space, please. Welcome to camp, Percy Jackson. We've been expecting you."

Ray shifted uncomfortably at the door tapping her fingers against her hip, she'd been instructed by Grover to wait outside until he came back out, but it had to have been at least thirty miniutes and she was starting to get bored. There was nothing to look at or do except stand there and wait.

It didn't take long for her to loose her patience and burst through the door holding her hands up in surrender, "I know what you said but you've taken forever and I haven't seen you for ages. I don't care if Chiron says you have to look after that Peter boy."

She froze looking towards the single bed in the corner of the room where a blonde curly haired boy stood pulling his trousers up as quickly as he could, almost tripping over in the process, Ray gasped covering her eyes with her hands and turning around to face the wall.

She heard Grover sigh from somewhere behind her and then her hands were gently pulled away from her eyes, "It's been five miniutes, couldn't you have waited just a little longer?" She could tell he was trying to be as polite as he possible could.

Ray went to say something in her defence but stopped before any words came out glancing awkwardly around the room, "Five miniutes?" Grover nodded, "Right, sorry." She walked towards the blonde boy holding her hand out in greeting, "Hello, I'm Ray. You must be Peter."

"It's Percy..." He spoke shaking her hand.

Ray nodded continuing to shake his hand, "Percy, got it. I can remember that." 

Grover stepped inbetween them once again lowering her hand back to her side, which Percy silently thanked him for, it felt like she was going to shake his arm right out of the socket at any moment.

Percy looked between the two before walking towards the door only to be interrupted by Grover who tried to go after him "Where are you going?"

He paused in the doorway looking back at the two, "It was so important I get here cause my fathers a god. So i'm gonna go find him."

Ray frowned looking towards Grover before back at Percy, "You know it isn't really that," He slammed the door shut behind him, "Simple..." 

She bit her lip fiddling with her hands behind her back as she noticed the crestfallen look on Grover's face. She walked towards him gently patting him on the shoulder twice before lowering her hand back to her side, "He'll come around, just give him time."

Grover looked down to where she'd patted his arm before glancing up at her with that look in his eyes that made her wonder if he was really listening to what she was saying. She wondered if it was her fault, maybe she scared him or something.

Before she could think on it too much she heard a voice yell out from the other room, "Peter Johnson is here!" 

That seemed to break Grover from his trance and he went rushing out the room much faster than Ray had ever seem him move before, it almost made her laugh. She wandered after him watching as he ran into another room where Percy stood infront of Mr D.

"Mr D, this is, uh, Percy Jackson." Grover introduced the God to Percy.

Mr D sat up slightly taking of his sun glasses flinging them on the table infront of him, "Yeah, Grover. I heard him the first time."