S1 EP1: Rose Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I don't know!" Rose shrugs.

"Well, you said it. Why students?" the Captain interrupts.

Rose turns her attention on the younger looking man "Cos... to get that many people dressed up and being silly has to be students."

The Doctor turns to look at her "That makes sense. Well done." He says sarcastically and turns back round to look at the lift door.

"Thanks." Rose replies not hearing the tone in his voice.

The Captain then turns round "They're not students." he smiles softly.

"Well, whoever they are. When Wilson finds them, he'll call the police." She replies.

"Who's Wilson?" the Captain asks.

"Chief electrician." she responds.

"Wilson's dead." the Doctor says not turning fully towards the blonde girl. The lift door opens and the two men leave, leaving the girl looking at them in shock.

"That's just not funny. That's sick!" she says following them and leaving the lift. 

The Doctor interrupts her by moving her out of the way "Hold on, mind your eyes." he says turning his attention towards the lift controls using his sonic screwdriver to mess with the controls making it spark.

"I've had enough of this. Oh. Who are you, then? Who's that lot down there...?" The Captain pushes her along to follow the Doctor. "I said WHO are they?"

"They're living plastic creatures." The Captain responds.

"They're being controlled by a relay device from the roof, which would be a great big problem. IF I didn't have this. So We're gonna go upstairs and blow it up." The Doctor continues and shows Rose the bomb the two Time Lords had created prior to this meet up.

"We might well die, but don't worry about us! You go home. Go and have your lovely beans on toast... Oh and don't tell anyone about this. If you do, you'll get them killed. I'm The Captain" he finishes and closes a door and leaves Rose to go home.

A second later the Doctor opens the door "I'm The Doctor, what's your name?"

"Rose."

"Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for you life!" he says waving the bomb. Rose takes the warnings and runs across the street to get away from her work, when there's an explosion on the top two floors of the building. Rose carries on running and as she does she runs past an old blue police box. 

___________

When she gets home she puts the news on, sitting down on the couch opposite the telly.

"Central London has been closed off as police investigate the fire" states the news reporter as they show scenes of the fire.

"I know, it's on the telly! It's everywhere, she's lucky to be alive." Jackie talks on the phone whilst handing her daughter a cup of tea. "Honestly, it's aged her. Skin like an old bible. Walking in now you'd think I was her daughter. Oh, and here's himself."

"I've been phoning! You could have been dead!" Mickey exclaims concerned for her. "It's on the news and everything! I can't believe it your shop went up." he kneels down and hugs her.

"Honestly, I'm fine. Don't make a fuss!" Rose shrugs him off.

"But what happened?"

"I don't know."

"Well, what caused it?"

"I wasn't in the shop. I was outside, I didn't see anything." she says putting a magazine on the coffee table.