The sole account

You know that a man is idle, unhurried by the compulsions of stipulations, when the cause for his weariness stems from thoughts of melancholy. Such was the realisation clouding my mind, as I strove to see past the tempestuous crevice that stood forth, hindering an uncurtailed thought process. Perhaps it is so that when the sky keeps clear of mystical gloom too long, you forcibly turn to contemplation.

 Yet I should sin to conclude that the weight on my mind was of little meaning. 

The subjects of the said melancholy, have, incessantly renewed themselves. Alas, how foolishly I dwelled peacefully blinded by the belief that to soothe what is troublesome would ease me out of my burden. Momentarily, but quite convincingly, this did emanate. 

Only for the thoughts of my hardships to resurface in avenues previously unexplored, I learned that the equilibrium within required for the aftermath succeeding the disturbance to seek greater resolution to remain in a condition lacking of perturbation. 

I had made it past the eye of the storm, beyond the reach of the shrillest of wave sprouts. In truth, no tumult could bring harm, dare to cripple my embankments. This in itself was an unspoken pledge of continual peace. 

Notwithstanding, I realised that recognition was no victory of mine. For the resuscitating valour to feel validated, for the procession of post-war ceremonies to ensue, for the warriors within to have their struggle etched in memory. Precisely this was the heart of my problem.

Happenstance, or fate, would inevitably endow me with greater gifts of maturity. This in turn would further negate the possibilities of remembrance. Anecdotes of triumph would diminish, as if the toil was so herculean that it could have never been mine.

P.S - I decided I did not want to stick to letters as the necessary format. So here is, I believe, the second open-ended write-up.