Chapter 23

Chapter 23

*Author P.O.V*

The next morning, Niall is up bright and early even though he doesn't want to be. It's better for him to get important things done while his friend is still asleep. He can't risk Louis finding out what he does in his spare time. Immediately, he checks his computer to monitor any activity that may have happened with Harry overnight. Yes, he brought it with him all the way out here. At this rate, he feels that he should become a private investigator with how much effort he's putting into his soul mate. Then again, he doesn't give a shit about anyone's else life besides his own and Harry's. Maybe his parents too. And Louis. And Leo.

With nothing peeking his interest, he goes to the kitchen to reheat the leftovers he has. While he waits, he sends a quick good morning text to Harry. It takes a while, but he gets a text back. The text was enough to brighten up his entire day already. God, does he love him. He spends the next few minutes texting him, unaware of the smile that had crept onto his face. When the microwave goes off, Louis walks into the kitchen while rubbing at his eyes. He goes to grab Niall's food and tastes some of it, seeing as he didn't get a chance last night. Niall snatches his food away from him before he starts to eat it himself.

"I don't owe you anything for the next year after yesterday, so don't ask." Louis states, going to get his own leftovers.

"You were barely any help." He says, and Louis looks away from him in disgust because of his full mouth.

"This would have taken you three days at best if you were doing all of this by yourself." Louis tells him, reheating his own food.

"Doubt it. I'm pretty efficient when I don't have distractions." He says, making Louis really tempted to hit him.

"Me? A distraction? Yeah, right." Louis responds, he would consider himself entertainment.

"Let's not fight. It's too early." He says, turning his back to him so he can really focus on his food.

"You started it, so don't even try to gaslight me like that." Louis replies before taking out his food and coming next to him to eat.

"I'm not gaslig-" He tries to say, but is cut off by his friend clearing his throat very loudly.

"Anyways, we need something to do today to make up for yesterday." Louis tells him, though Niall would most definitely like to just lay around.

"And what do you have in mind?" He asks, figuring that the faster he goes along with this, the faster he can have time to lay around.

"I don't know, that's why I brought it- nevermind." Louis responds, pretending to shoot himself in the head."We could hang out downtown with your soon to be boyfriend."

"As much as I would want to, we can't. He has some stuff going on, and he needs his space to process it all." He informs him before throwing his container away and going to wash his hands.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Louis says, but Niall just shrugs."If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"Some major friend issues." He responds and receives a sympathetic wince.

"Damn. I wish him the best." Louis says, though he wanted a little more information to go on.

Niall leaves him after that so he can finish his food. Truth be told, this is a time when he wants his Harry to remain absolutely isolated. The longer he stays isolated, the more depressed he becomes. The more depressed he comes, the more he will want to cling and depend on someone. That someone will be him. The Liam's disappearance was just the appetizer, Zayn's accident was the entree, and Raven's sudden change of heart in their relationship was the dessert. He couldn't have cooked up a better outcome if he tried. Actually, he takes that back. He most definitely can if he were to get rid of everyone he knows, including his family. He didn't need his family when he had him. Harry should be very grateful that he isn't just plain evil like that.

"You got weapons here?" Louis asks him later when he finds him in the backyard.

"No. Why would we?" He questions as he pretends to check the porch and the fence surrounding them.

"In case of an emergency. As much as I like how far away this place is from everyone, this gives any sick person the perfect opportunity to break in to either steal your stuff or kidnap you." Louis explains to him, and Niall thinks he's been spending way too much time with his girlfriend.

"No one is going to kidnap me or rob me, that I can guarantee." He says, though he does start to consider getting a gun just to have one.

"Why? The last time I checked, weirdos liked to kidnap attractive people." Louis states, and a twig snap in the woods makes him think he has every right to feel this way.

"You don't know how kidnappers think." He says with the universe practically screaming at Louis to see the signs.

"And you do?" Louis asks, and Niall has to reframe from answering truthfully so he just laughs.

"Never said that I did." He says as he heads back into the house while Louis wonders why he isn't taking this seriously.

"Then what are you saying?" Louis asks

"I'm saying that I want to focus on us doing something today." He says as they leave the home and head to the moving truck that they drove here in.

"Fine, but please be aware of your surroundings and practice how to defend yourself because I don't want to hear about something tragic happening to you." Louis tells him as they get in and drive back to the city.

"Okay." He says

The two had decided to part take into doing an escape room. Niall would have preferred if it's just the two of them doing it, but the requirements were for a large group. Their group wasn't that big, though. It was four other people who were best friends, apparently. Louis seemed to have gotten along well with them. Well enough, that his own best friend feared he might just befriend them. That is the last thing he would have wanted to happen. The friend group really wanted to get to know Niall, seeing as he was solving almost all of the clues. The theme of this escape room was horror and supernatural things everyone in the room knew little about.

"Are you a nurse?"

"No."

"Then why the heck do you know that the human body holds 5 liters of blood for that question?"

"It's obvious. He's a serial killer."

"I'm not."

"He's really into criminal shows, Criminal Minds, Bones, Law & Order, etc."
»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Vote

Share

Comment

So, I was thinking of taking this story up to 40 chapters. I just want to give you guys a warning so you wouldn't be like why the fuck did you stop the story right here I wanted more.

Bye, my Garden Life.🤒😠🖕🏾