8.5- Beasts in Human Form

Why an extra? Cause I wanted a throwback to the past, and also I was inspired remembering a particular scene from the original Vampire Knight manga by Matsuri Hino... so... yeah! You can skip this if you want. It won't affect the main story... maybe!

_________________

Years ago:

"Eh?! Do you mean a grumpy man like Sensei has a fiancée?!" Alondra questions in shock as the topic comes up during training with Ichiru, Zero, and Kaito. They are on a short break.

Yagari's temple throbs, and he smacks Alondra's head. "Ah! Ouch!" She holds her head and holds in her tears. Ichiru frantically tries to comfort her. "What was that for?!" Alondra manages to question. Zero glares at Kaito as he smirks.

"You really have a terrible way of phrasing things." Yagari mentions annoyed as Alondra holds onto Ichiru as he pets her head gently. "Even I have interest in such things. You are just too little to understand."

"Ah, oh! Alondra, she's actually the nurse at the school Zero, and I go to. She's really kind and beautiful!" Ichiru adds in to distract Alondra. That seems to interest her.

"Wow! I wish I could meet her!" Alondra says excitedly as she looks up at Yagari. He looks away from the child.

"That's not a good idea. She wants nothing to do with vampires. Especially purebloods." He explains. Alondra's brow furrows, and she looks down. Sometimes, she forgets that either humans don't know she exists or completely despise her even though she's done nothing to harm a human.

"Oh..." Zero and Ichiru try to cheer her up, but it isn't working very well.

"Yeah, she's not dumb like these two. She knows the beasts that vampires really are. Monsters." Zero and Ichiru glare at Kaito, who always tries to put down Alondra one way or another. It upsets them how strongly his remarks affect her and make her hate herself.

"That's enough, back to training. Move it you three." Yagari tries to redirect the situation. Kaito gets up while Ichiru and Zero linger to check on Alondra.

"I'm okay." She stares ahead at the blanket they're on with a blank expression. She's trying to disassociate from any negative feelings that may come up. The twins are worried, but get up and go to Yagari to continue training.

"A vampire hurt Sensei's fiancée like they hurt Kaito. It's not my fault, but somehow, I'm hated in their place. At least the Kiryus love me." Alondra blinks and comes back to herself as the feelings are buried.

She sits back and watches the guys train. Her brow furrows in concern at how much Ichiru is pushing himself, which makes Zero feel like he needs to overcompensate. It always drains them, and they go home exhausted.

"Zero, Ichiru... you're training so hard to fight my kind. What will happen when they meet a bad vampire? Will I also become hated by them? I don't want that." Alondra's own thoughts start to break her heart. She wipes away any developing tears and distracts herself by picking at the grass. She lies down on the blanket when her back gets tired.

"Zero, look, she fell asleep." Ichiru points out, out of breath, as their training ends for the day. Zero looks to Alondra, who is curled up on the blanket. They walk closer and sit on her side to watch her sleeping face.

"Wake her up and go home." Yagari tells the twins. Zero looks at Ichiru as he gently smiles at Alondra and then touches her cheek gently to brush away her bangs. Zero feels sad but keeps it buried away.

"Wake up, Alondra. It's time to go home." Ichiru leans in and kisses her cheek. Alondra groans and then stretches as she wakes up. She smiles up at the twins with a sleepy gaze. They smile back and help her up, packing up her blanket.