Chapter 8 - Rose

Začít od začátku

Gally glanced around at the roaming rebels. I noticed a few watching eyes. He also quickly glanced at Thomas, Newt, and Fry.

"Let's talk later," He murmured into my ear as the others were distracted by their surroundings. I nodded subtly. Neither of us took our eyes off each other for that split second.

He was so... different.

But good different.

Even taller. Massive... in height and body. Strong, broad shoulders.

And I even allowed myself a peek at the hands I loved so much. Same as I remember. Really fucking huge.

He turned to the others,

"Listen, uh... he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So... let me do the talking, alright?" He turned and started heading down a hallway, "And try not to stare," He added over his shoulder as I followed after him. When I didn't feel the others behind me, I turned back around to see them staying put.

"Seriously? Come on guys... it's Gally..." I murmured.

Thomas inhaled,

"But he-"

"I know what he did," I took a deep breath, "But you're not doing this for him. Or for me. Or for yourself... this is for Minho... right?"

Newt and Thomas glanced at each other.

"You guys coming?" Gally called from somewhere further beyond.

I raised my eyebrows at my three best friends. Fry took a few steps closer and glanced over his shoulder.

"For Minho," He repeated.

Newt also followed beckoning for Tom to follow.

Thomas sighed and finally followed us. Closely followed by Brenda and Jorge.

Gally smiled as I came by his side, and he led us to a loft overlooking a spacious room. We walked down the steps to the ground floor.

Classical music played from a record player. There were two men. One dressed like Gally, watching us, and another bent over a collection of pot plants, holding a rose.

"Rose took my nose, I suppose. Rose took my nose, I suppose," The man, who I guessed was Lawrence chanted like a melody, "Suppose, suppose, took my nose... I suppose,"

Gally placed his gun down on a chair and walked up to the man. The rest of us stayed behind him.

"Gally, glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened," Lawrence's voice echoed as he trimmed one of his pot plants, still in the shadows but I could tell there was something wrong with him. He was attached to a drip machine feeding him blue liquid. I knew what that liquid was.

"It was a slaughter. There's nothing we could do against those guns," Gally sighed.

"No, but they can only poke the hornet's nest so long before they get stung..."

The man sniffed the rose he was holding.

"Now, who are these people? Why are they here?" He asked without looking up from his rose.

Gally opened his mouth to respond but Thomas walked in front of him,

"We need to get into WICKED. Gally said you can get us through the walls,"

I swallowed at Tom's sudden interruption. Lawrence finally looked at him. I understood then. The flare took half his face... the other unharmed. He was a monster.

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep. Besides, that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside WICKED is impossible," Lawrence revealed while grabbing his walking stick and slowly hobbling closer.

"There might be a way now. But it doesn't work without Thomas," Gally explained. I glanced at him, surprised by his comment. He hadn't mentioned that before. 

"Is that so? Do you know what I am... Thomas?"

Lawrence walked right up to Thomas and placed his face directly in front, whispering in his ear,

"I am a businessman. Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?"

I couldn't take this any longer,

"Because he can help you,"

I walked up to the pair and pulled Thomas back slightly so I could face Lawrence.

"We can get you what you need,"

The half-crank came towards me, smirking. I could see how one eye was pure white. And one side of his face was overrun with fungus. And half his nose had been torn off.

"And what do you think I need little girl..."

I smirked right back while glancing at his drip machine.

"Time... every last fucking drop,"

Lawrence glanced up at Gally before sneering at me,

"You... must be Eleanor... Gally mentioned you. Every Wicked compound we crushed he would always look for you. But he never found what he was looking for. And now I hear you went and I injured a few of my men... and destroyed my front door. And yet you're still here, waltzing into my house and telling me what I need... I wonder what it was about you that makes you so... desirable,"

Lawrence crept up into my face, but I stood my ground.

It didn't matter because Gally stepped in, putting himself between me and Lawrence, glaring daggers down at his own boss.

"Calm down Gally.. after everything I've done for you... do you really want to throw it all away?" Lawrence snickered.

I grabbed Gally's arm. He glanced back at me before reluctantly backing off by a few steps. Thomas came forward beside me, giving me a sideways glance.

Lawrence ran his eyes over all of us before sighing,

"I'll tell you what. Three can go for now. The rest stay down here with me. Just a little insurance to make sure you find your way back. We have a deal?" he asked holding out his hand to Tom.

Thomas stared at the hand for a moment... before taking it firmly.

"Gally, show them the way,"