I smiled- masking the pain those words caused.

Because it wasn't only a fairytale. This could end very bad.

Truly, very bad.

"She's pregnant." Mer laughed "You're gonna be a dad!! How fucking awesome is that. God Ross- I don't know what to say."

"I didn't know what to say either Mer." I laughed a bit, shaking my head "It wasn't in the plans."

"I like this plan better." my mom smiled, and then... her face expression changed slightly "But I don't want you to be anything similar to your father."

The mention of that man brung the mood down, as I furrowed my eyebrows "I'm not a monster ma."

"I know you're not." she smiled, nodding "But you have bad connections love. You simply cannot raise a child and keep a wife, unless you get rid of them."

"I know." I nodded "And that's where I struggle."

"There isn't supposed to be a struggle." Mer shook her head "If you're in love with her.. what does anything else matter?"

"Those are simple words." I sighted "God knows what the future holds - but I'm certain of one thing, and that is, her and our baby will be kept away from harm if it's the last thing I do."

Laura's Pov

Turns out, putting away clothes could really get you in your head, if you weren't distracting yourself enough.

And I clearly wasn't, because I could've put on some music, or podcast- but I couldn't.

I felt stressed, scared, and it was the last thing on my mind. I'd turned the AC up, brushed my hair and put away some stuff- all while walking back and forth through Ross' large bedroom.

I was going to have a baby. I was going to have to be a mother.

Was I ready? I didn't feel ready.

In my mind I knew there was never a world where I'd get rid of this reality, and I'd admitted it to myself now. I was old enough anyway, so this really shouldn't be such a big deal.

As much as it wasn't the right time, right place, right - god fucking anything..

It was still my baby.

I'd always wanted to be a mom, and perhaps not like this, but perhaps it was the way it was supposed to be.

Conflicted, and now a bit distracted - I left the clothes alone, walking over to the body mirror and standing in front of it.

I stared at myself, noticing my hair had kind of grown out a bit. It was to my shoulders now.. but I didn't want to cut it again.

I combed my hands through it to try and fix the messiness of the loose hair, as I scanned my body in the mirror.

My hands made their way around my belly as my pyjama shirt went up.