chapt 13 | the rodeo

Start from the beginning

"Oh that's the only reason?" I tease, he glares down at me, "you know that's not the only reason." He leans down and our lips immediately press together. "Okay love birds, are we going to watch this show or not?" Jackie teases and I laugh, Cole rolls his eyes and kisses me one more time, releasing my hips.

I sigh, settling my arms by my side and grab Cole's hand, rushing him so we can see Alex ride. "He's really good," I smile, "I know right?" Jackie says looking mesmerized. Alex finished cleanly, Jackie and I cheer.

"Wanna go get something to eat?" Cole asks and I nod, "I'll see you later Jackie?" She nods. Cole grabs me by my waist, hoisting me up in the air and spinning me around, I giggle. "Cole! You're such a dork," I laugh, he sets me down, taking me by the hand and twirling me. "You look hot, I like the dress," he smirks. "Thank youu," I scrunch up my nose, laughing. "That is so fucking cute."

He grabs my hat, running off, "Cole!" I groan, running after him. He runs so far, and even with his limp I fell so far back, I pause to breathe, "Jesus," I mumble. "You okay?" He comes rushing back quickly, I nod, "yes I'm fine," I look up, smirking and grab my hat quickly, placing it back on my head.

"Well played Howard, well played," he looks around, "how about a bull ride? Think you can beat me?" I grin, "oh please I can beat you in my sleep." Cole and I walk over to the mechanical bull and goes first, he lasted a solid ten seconds before flying off. I laugh, "that was all?" He scoffs, "as if you could do better."

"Is that a challenge?" I ask, "it most certainly is."

I flick his hat and the crowed hollers, "let's go Mackenzie!!" I hear Nathan and Skylar yell as I climb up, grabbing onto the handle with just one hand and held down my hat with the other. "Ready?" The man asks and I nod, signaling that he can start. He nods, switching the bull on. It started off slow, which was normal, but it quickly sped up.

Usually I probably would have fallen off as soon as I got on but I was so set on beating Cole that I held on tighter. "Kenzi Kenzi Kenzi Kenzi!" The crowd cheered. I fell off after thirty seconds, "yes!" I yelled, crawling out and walking over to Cole, "who's the queen now?"

"Okay okay, I take it back, you definitely won that," he laughs, wrapping his arm around my waist and leading me to actually get food. "What did you want?" I looked around, "a hot dog is fine." We walk over to where to were offering hot dogs but when I went to pay, the guy shrugged, "the winner of the bull ride should win a free hot dog," I smile, "how sweet! Thank you so much," I wave, Cole and I walking off to find a seat.

"Can I have a bite?" I roll my eyes, "really? You couldn't have gotten your own?" He shook his head, "why get my own when I can have a bite of yours?" He smiles. "Fine," I shove it towards his face and he opens his mouth, taking a bite.

"Ah! That's enough," I take my hot dog back, taking a bite out of it.

I finish my food, throwing the paper in the trash can. "You are so beautiful.." he whispers. I smile, "you never fail to make me fall deeper in love with you," I say shaking my head, "I'm glad to hear to that.." he places his hand on the side of my face, pulling me in and placing a kiss on my lips. I smile widely, I was so happy..

Maybe this is what I needed.. what I really needed to be happy, maybe this was where I was meant to be and what I was meant to do. Who I was meant to be with.

***

I walk into my room, seeing Jackie talking to herself in the mirror. "What are you up to?" I ask, laughing. "Oh hey Kenz, I am practicing for my interview." "Interview? What for?"

"Princeton.." I gasp, "oh my god! You're going to an interview for Princeton?!" She smiles and nods. "Congrats Jackie! I'm so happy for you!" I run up and hug her, "what are you guys up to?" Danny asks, "I'm practicing for my interview." "What's that?" I ask him.