C H A P T E R 1: always.

Sirens. 

Please. 

Please.

Please. 

This can't be real. 

She's gone. 

She's looking straight at me, her eyes empty.

"It's your fault" She mouths. 

It looks so real.

Not again.

Not again- please.

It should've been me.

I never should've-

__

I wake up in cold sweat. I'll never get used to the nightmares. To seeing her like that. I'm so tired. I wish I could just go back, but I can't.  It'll never be the same, I'll never see her again.

I look at the wall clock across the room.  Six-forty-seven in the morning. 

I take a deep breath, taking comfort in the smell of antiseptics.

I think about the dream I just had. The dream about her. The dream about that night.

Summer. 

I decide to turn the T.V. on, to get my mind off that wretched dream. I don't think I can fall asleep again after that dream, I never do. 

"-That's it for our weather report, GrehyField! Remember to bring your coats out today, and we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! .."

New years is coming up. That makes it almost nine years now..

"..Tune in to What's Going On This Time; with Hale and Halks with your hosts Sally Hale and Halks Conning for this year's last scoop of Celebrity news! Live every Monday at seven am, re-airing at 12 and 9pm! They'll see you right after this break !"

Celebrity news. Maybe I'll see Mal- no. Why would he show up on the drama news, he hates drama, he hates the spotlight. 

I wait for the catchy intro of What's Going On This Time; with Hale and Halks to start, as an advertisment for some new "high tech" shaving razor loops for the third time in a row. How many times are they going to loop this ad..

My question is answered as the advertisment ends and the song intro starts. 

"Good Morning GrehyField Merry Christmas and a Happy new year! It's your hosts Sally Hale and- Halks Conning! Coming on for this weeks CELEBRITY DRAMA! What do you know about this week's drama, Halks? "

"Oh, nothing much, Hale just- the biggest scoop for the year! "

"It's the first scoop of the year Halks.. we only meet once a week.."

"I know, I'm hilarious, no need to flatter me, Hales. Anywho, we're getting off topic. Did you know that one of the most sought out bachelors, Malcom Throne, is getting MARRIED?! " 

My heart drops to my stomach.

"What?!"

"My words exactly, Hales! We didn't even know he was taken! It all came out late last week friday when his fiance, Katriona Reece, hard launched their engagement on Quickgram, on Christmas day too! In her post, super star, and diva, Katriona Reece has apparently been dating GrehyField's very own Malcom Thorne for almost two years!"