Chapter 35

Anabia and Hoorain were lounging in their shared bedroom, the dim glow of a bedside lamp casting a soft light over the room. The curtains swayed gently with the night breeze, adding a sense of calm to the otherwise still room.

"Yeh chance Zaryab bhi deserve karte hain," Anabia said suddenly, breaking the silence.

(Zaryab also deserves another chance.)

Hoorain, who was on the verge of drifting off to sleep, snapped her eyes open in shock. "Annu! Ab tum kya soch rahi ho? Firse woh sab repeat karne ka na socho," she said sternly, her voice betraying her concern. She interpreted Anabia's words as a sign that she might be getting entangled again in the old drama between Mehrab and Zaryab.

(Annu! What are you thinking now? Don't even think about repeating all that again.)

"Kya? Nahi! Tum galat soch rahi ho," Anabia replied, shaking her head as she realized the misunderstanding.

(What? No! You're thinking wrong.)

"Toh phir?" Hoorain's brows knitted in confusion.

(Then what?)

"Zaryab ki ab age ho rahi hai, unko settle ho jana chahiye," Anabia explained with a playful tone, then sat up, her eyes twinkling mischievously.

(Zaryab is getting older, he should settle down.)

Hoorain let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding and sat up as well. "Yeh marriage bureau kabse open kiya?" she asked, her mood lightening.

(When did you open this marriage bureau?)

"Samjho aaj se," Anabia said, her grin widening.

(Consider it open from today.)

"Achha? Fir toh koi larki bhi dekhi hogi tumne," Hoorain teased, still treating it as a joke.

(Really? Then you must have found a girl too.)

"Hai ek nazar mein," Anabia said mysteriously, her tone causing Hoorain's smile to falter slightly.

(There is someone in my mind.)

"Kon hai woh?" Hoorain asked, realizing Anabia might not be joking after all.

(Who is she?)

Before Anabia could answer, her phone rang. The sparkle in her eyes revealed the identity of the caller.

"Tum baat karlo, main ja rahi hoon sone," Hoorain said, laying back down and covering her face with a blanket.

(You talk to him, I'm going to sleep.)

Anabia immediately picked up her phone and moved towards the window, her voice softening as she spoke to Mehrab.

•••

The kitchen was alive with the aroma of freshly baked goods and the gentle clatter of utensils. Anabia, standing by the counter, carefully slid a tray of cake batter into the oven. She wiped her hands on a kitchen towel and turned to face Hani, who was busy at the kitchen island.

"Kitna time lagega?" Hani asked impatiently.

(How long will it take?)

"Ab toh wait karna parhega." Anabia replied, At the same time, Mehrunisa came there.

(Now we have to wait.)

"Anabia, bas karo, tumhe yaha maine apni company ke liye bulaya tha, tum kyu inn sab mein pareshaan hone lagi." Mehrunisa said, her voice filled with warmth and slight reprimand.