Chapter 23

"Zimraan!" When everyone left, Badia sat beside him and put her hand on his shoulder. "Aap theek hain?"

(Are you okay?)

"Anabia jhoot bol rahi hai."

(Anabia is lying.)

Zimraan didn't want to believe his daughter tried to run away, but he knows her very well, he knew whatever the story Mehrusina told them was not the truth.

"Aap... aap aisa kaise soch sakte hain?" Badia asked, shocked that how can he even think like that.

(You... how can you think like that?)

"Annu bhala kyu jhoot bolengi. Aap bas pareshaan hain issliye..." Badia didn't take his words seriously.

(Why would Annu lie. You are just worried...)

"Agar woh sach keh rahi hoti toh khamosh na rehti. Agar woh galat na hoti, toh aise roti na. Main yakeen nahi karna chahta lekin... lekin Anabia apni marzi se parlour chorhke gayi, itni derr se kaha thi pata nahi, lekin Hospital mein toh nahi thi woh."

(If she was telling the truth, she wouldn't have been so quiet. If she was not lying, she wouldn't have been crying. I don't wanna believe this but... but Anabia left the parlour on her own will. I don't know where she was for hours, but she was not at the hospital.)

Leaning his head on the head rest of the sofa, Zimraan recalled the moment when Anabia entered the house. He did not want to think of something wrong, but his first thought was that something wrong happened to her, but she looked perfectly fine, little shaken up, but there was no sign of harm on her body. This made him relax, but in another moment, he realised she left the parlour on her own will, she didn't come to her own engagement ceremony on her own will.

•••

Zain told his parents to go without him, he will come later.

He thought of checking on Zabail, they all were worried for Anabia, that they didn't get a chance to talk to each other.

He knocked on Zabail's bedroom door. Few seconds later, she opened the door.

Zabail was still wearing her nikkah lehenga, hair opened, she looked breathtaking. Zain couldn't stop himself from staring at her. She was dressed as his bride, but he never got a chance to look at her properly, and now when he did, it was hard for him to take his eyes away from her.

"Zain?" Confusingly, she called.

It startled him. "Huh? Oh! Woh tumse baat karni thi." Sheepishly, he scratched his head.

(I wanted to talk to you.)

Nodding her head, Zabail came out of her room, closing the door after her, Anabia was inside, resting.

"Tum theek ho?" They walked to the balcony together. Zain asked her.

(Are you okay?)

They were not looking at each other, instead, they looked at the full moon.

"Annu ka sochke pareshaan hain, hume lagta hai..." Zabail stopped talking.

(I am worried about Annu. I think she...)

"What?" Zain turned to her and asked.

"Nothing." Zabail shook her head. Anabia is her sister, whatever doubt she had on Anabia, she can not share it with anyone, not even Zain.

"Pareshaan mat ho. Anabia theek hai, that's what matters." Thinking she is worried about Anabia's health, Zain told her.

(Don't worry, Anabia is fine.)