Chapter 22

Guards informed Mehrab that there is a girl asking to meet him.

Confusingly, he went outside to see who is it.

"Tum? Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho?" Mehrab was shocked to see Anabia on his door.

(You? What are you doing here?)

"Mehrab! Hum..." Anabia's gaze stopped at him, as if looking for him for the first time.

(I..)

He was wearing a black shalwar kameez and he looked charming in it.

"Tum... tumhari engagement haina aaj? Yaha kya kar rahi ho?" Mehrab opened his mouth to reply, but when saw her attire, he remembered it is her engagement today, and asked.

(You... isn't it your engagement today? What are you doing here?)

"Hume nahi karni engagement." Anabia declared.

(I don't want to marry Zaryab.)

"What?" Mehrab looked at his guards, who were trying to eavesdrop, holding her arm, he took her in the corner. "Dimagh theek hai tumhara?"

(Have you lost your mind?)

"Haan! Pehle kharab tha ab bilkul theek hai. Hume laga Zaryab humse pyar karte hain hum unke sath khush rahenge lekin, hum kaise khush reh sakte hain jab hum aap pasand hain." Anabia wasn't one of those girls who keep their feelings in their hearts, she loves him, and she made sure he knows that.

(Yes, I have lost my mind that I said yes to Zaryab thinking he loves me and I will be happy with him, but how can I be happy with him when I like you.)

Mehrab looked at her with disbelief, he was too shock to say anything.

"Pagal ho kya?" When he finally got his voice back, he shouted at her. Making her jump.

(Are you mad?)

"Aap kaise baat kar rahe hain humse?" Anabia was surprised by his behaviour. She thought he will be happy.

(How are you talking to me?)

"Aur kaise baat karu. Abhi issi waqt yaha se jao." Pointing at the gate, he told her to leave.

(How I am supposed to talk to you then. Leave right now.)

"Par, Mehrab..."

"Ek lafz nahi. Jao yaha se." Holding her arm, he dragged her out from there and pushed he out of the gate.

(Don't say a word, leave.)

"Mehrab, apko hua kya hai." Anabia almost fall but held herself together, turning to him, she asked. By now, tears started forming in her eyes. "I am not leaving until you talk to me."

(Mehrab, what's gotten into you?)

"Toh Yahi raho for all I care." Mehrab looked at her for few seconds then said, leaving her.

(Then stay here.)

Anabia looked at his back with open mouth. She couldn't believe he just left her.

"Haan toh yahi rahenge jab tak aap humse baat nahi karte." She shouted after him. But he didn't turn back. He entered his house.

(I will stay here until you talk to me.)

Huffing, Anabia looked around, and sat on the small boundary wall, crossing her arms over her chest. She would not leave until he comes out and confess his love. He have no right to reject her like that when it was him in first place who was running after her.