23

Clues

I wiped my tears and calmed myself down. I was still shocked and I feel overwhelmed about what is happening right now. I never realized I would see my Uncle after seven years. I  thought he was dead because mom would not tell us where my uncle went. All this time I thought I was the only one who does not have any ability in our family. 

I slowly understand why my mom and my brother do not want me to go here. My family kept the secret about the prophecy from me. 

Slowly the questions that I tried to find answers for are now in front of me. I gather up my strength to get one letter from the box to read it. But my eyes landed on a small black chip next to the rip pages of a book. I slowly took it out and showed it to my Uncle Nolan. His eyes widened and looked at me. I gave it to him and he examined it closely.

“That is your father’s secret black microchip that holds the secret of the government of Satoria and I guess it contains something he wants you to know,” paliwanag niya sa akin.

“Wait, let me find you something to put that on.” sabi niya at walang pasabi na tumayo at pumunta sa basement na parang may kukunin.

I took out one of my father’s letters and opened it to read. It was one of the letters written before he disappeared. His handwriting felt like it was written with an ink that is rare to find in this world.

Year 6890 

        Today was the successful experiment of the annual update of the Game of Ruins and the technology motivated each student to enhance their abilities. Demons are still lurking around the borders and the higher ups ask me to be the Sergeant commander of the North border of Chime City. I am currently the commander in chief monitoring the walls. I am still trying to find a solution so that Kiara won’t suffer the same as his grandfather. 

        To my beloved daughter and my beloved son, I miss you so much. I can only see you through pictures and videos that your mom sent me. You’ve grown so much and I cannot imagine that I will not be able to watch your growth but I do believe you are in good hands. I would always pray that one day everything will be okay. I wish I could go home and bond with you. But I am needed here to help the demon hunting squad and to find the cure to the illness that causes people to walk like they are dead.  I love you both and I hope one day I will see you as brave warriors ready to protect Satoria.

          I have been looking for clues about the prophecy but no one knows where to find the old lady who has been seeing the future. I have stored all the files in one black chip, along with my discoveries through the past years of research. I am prepared for what might happen in the future and will be storing them in a special box. If my time has come, I might send every important item that I have prepared for my daughter and my son. I love you all and may God protect you and keep you. 

Sincerely, 
Keegan Hendix Collins

Pinunasan ko ang aking mga luha at tiniklop ang sulat na iyon. Hindi ko aakalain na malalaman kong mag-iiwan sa akin ng ganitong klase ng mga liham ang aking ama. 

I remembered my memories of him were amazing but I realized that it was so little since I was five years old when he left Clavera and traveled to Chime City. He never came back after that and my mom would always say to us that he was okay. That my dad was only on a mission for a few years. 

Where are you dad? Did you disappear to find a solution to prevent the prophecy from happening?

Narinig ko ang mga yapak ni Uncle na pabalik na sa sala kaya binalik ko ang sulat sa kahon at inayos ang aking sarili. Tumingin siya sa akin at nakita kong hawak niya ang tablet na alam ko ay bumabasa ng mga blackchip. Wala ng nagtitinda ng ganun ngayon dahil hindi na siya mabenta katulad nung mga panahon na nagdaan. Umupo siya sa aking tabi at inabot sa aking ang tissue.