Chapter 1 - Stars

"I will ask you one final time...are you sure you wish to do this?"

"'Course I'm sure! I'd do anythin' to help y'all."

"There is no telling how long it will be until you see them again."

"You already told me that! I know I could leave with 'em now, but I'll just have to catch up to 'em later. This is important. And just imagine how proud she'll be when we meet up again!"

"And what if you do not remember her?"

"I sure hope that ain't gonna happen! But, just in case...can I take somethin' to remind me of her?"

"That would be easier said than done, I am sorry to say. I will be able to give you clothes, but aside from that I am unsure if I will be able to send anything with you."

"Oh, that's a great idea! My clothes! Can you make 'em green?"

"Green? Whatever for?"

"Well that's her name, ain't it? It's as good a reminder as any. And it'll match the bow she gave me, too! That's close enough to clothes, so it should be fine, right?"

"Hmm...a bit unorthodox, but still, quite clever. You do your kind proud, my child."

"Aw, shucks! You're makin' me blush. But really - will I be able to take my bow? I might as well not go at all if I can't."

"You are...quite the enigma. Yes, the bow should be fine."

"That aside, if you are certain this is what you want, then let us begin. There is not a moment to waste."

Do not forget - you are to find her and tell her where I am. It is imperative that you remember this above all else.

Just relax, and sleep. I will take care of the rest.

And when you wake, remember:

You must find Green.

"Nngh...green..."

The pale moonlight shone through the amber treetops, falling gently on the young lady who now stirred in a pile of leaves that had gathered on the forest floor.

"My...clothes are...green..."

Rolling from her side to her stomach, she let out a yawn and stretched as though she were a cat just stirred from its afternoon nap, then, gingerly rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes, sat up and began to look around.

"Golly...already nighttime, I s'ppose. Didn't mean to sleep for so long."

She stood up and stretched again, arms over her head, before dusting off the leaves that clung to her clothing and looking herself over. Though the simple, sleeveless dress she wore was itself white, it was matched with an emerald-green corset fitted around her waist, so her earlier statement was still technically true. She reached up with her begloved hands and adjusted the prized green bow - colored the same shade as her corset, as well as her eyes - that adorned the back of her flowing, red hair.

As she fixed her bangs so they were no longer in her face, her hand brushed against something sitting atop her head.

"Huh?" A quizzical noise escaping her lips, she walked over to a nearby pond and peered over its edge to figure out what it could be. She let out a gasp upon seeing her reflection, and was so shocked she fell to her rear, the impact cushioned by something soft behind her.