Trouble! Avengers vs Adaptoid!

Start from the beginning

Just as he had asked, the adults all walk in to see the children. Having heard Pym's question, Steve stepped up to them. "He went to check in on something about the battle you all had earlier against Hammer." He answered him sounding serious.

Tony groaned in annoyance from hearing this. "It's official. He's you're kid. Worrying over nothing. Sure Hammer had become somewhat of a danger one time. But that's not happening again. Guy's just not rival material, and it shows. Whatever your boy's looking for, he's not gonna find anything worth being worried about." He said sounding very confident in his statement.

"GUYS! BAD NEWS!" James called out frantically as he ran in with his older sister, showing he was very clearly too energized about something. But this was more out of fear and worry than joy. As Tony was about to say something, James interrupted him. "I checked the security footage outside and changed the settings to see if we missed something, somehow he had a machine hidden! Something our parents had fought before! The Adaptoid is on its way here!" He explained to everyone.

At first, Stark wasn't too concerned about it. But after a moment, his words hit him like a brick wall. "I'm sorry what did you just say?" He asked, hoping he heard wrong.

After that was asked, a sudden crash was heard near them as a large machine landed in front of Tony, who was recently armored up. Not long after, the Adaptoid was showing Justin Hammer's face where the blank face of the Adaptoid was. "So sorry to just burst in on you like that Tony. I know you said that you had other important things to do, but I was thinking you would all like a rematch." Justin said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Tony flew up in the air, aiming several weapons at the machine to start the fight. "Sorry Hammer, I took this thing down once before I'll do it again." He said with even more confidence while firing several repulsar blasts and missiles at it.

The Adaptoid immediately morphed it's hands into a familiar sword and hammer, bashing the blast back at Stark and slicing the missiles with ease. He then watched as Torunn flew in head first to slice at it with her sword. However, she was immediately blocked by the other sword and then he slammed her into the ground with the hammer. Something was very different about this hammer though. She knew it was legit like her father's, yet it felt as if it hit her harder than she anticipated.

Hawkeye took the opportunity to launch several arrows at it while the evil scientist was distracted. "I dunno how you did that just now, but let's see you get out of this." He said with a cocky smirk while twirling an arrow.

The Adaptoid immediately moved enough to break free with ice being shattered all over the place. But that ice was a distraction so Hulk could punch it with all his strength. However, the Adaptoid didn't move very far. All it did was stumble slightly before catching itself and one of its hands went from a sword to a larger fist than it had earlier. With that fist, he hit Hulk, sending him flying out of the room and crashing through several walls.

This made all of the Avengers nervous. Except for Pym that is. With this opportunity, Pym grew larger and kicked the machine out of the base. After that, he chased after it outside of their headquarters to be sure it wouldn't take anymore damage. After all, they only recently got it repaired after the Hydra invasion a few days ago. Once he saw it fly, the giant Pym attempted to grab it with his massive hand, but it constantly dodged. A minute later, the Adaptoid began to glow, then immediately started to glow like he did. Now it was Pym's turn to be nervous. Here he had and advantage to take him down, and now this thing was as big, if not a little bit bigger than him!

The Adaptoid stared down at Pym, who looked up at it, too nervous to make another move. He was about to uppercut it, but the mech caught his fist and landed a solid punch to his face. "Almost had me there kid .... almost." He said in a condescending tone. Deirdre then went with her cousin to slice at its legs or body, attempting to do anything to damage it even a little bit. However, the giant robot was still standing, its legs not even having a tiny dent in it from either weapon. "What trickery is this?!" Torunn asked with shock upon seeing what it can do.

Deirdre stared at the same state as her cousin, bewildered that none of their weapons did anything. This shock became even more obvious after seeing Thor slam into it with Mjolnir, but the attack barely phasing it at all! "This makes the Destroyer Armor seem like a child's toy by comparison....." Deirdre mumbled before seeing Thor get beat down into the ground. The robot then turned it's attention to Deirdre and Torunn, ready to smash them into the ground. However, with her quick instincts, the red headed goddess was able to shapeshift into an eagle and fly away from the hit, but Torunn wasn't so lucky. "COUSIN!!!!!"

"Oh I would be much more concerned with yourself if I were you little girl." Hammer said as he had arrows prepared to launch at her, firing them immediately toward her. However, before any of them could hit her, a familiar shield first hit them to make sure they miss their mark, then another shield made of energy hit them just right to knock them back into the Adaptoid, exploding on impact upon the robot. At first, Justin was surprised to see this happen. But then he thought about what could've caused this, and was prepared to see Captain America to stand in his way. However, to his surprise, it was instead the red headed boy, who caught his shield on his wrist perfectly and stared him down defiantly. "Oh you've got to be kidding me. Now his son????" He asked in an overconfident tone.

Deirdre was ready to head toward James to help him, but saw the mech was already on James before she could reach him due to her still being so high in the air. "I'm not gonna make it!" She shouted to herself with panic. The promise she made to herself about protecting James....it was about to be broken and there wasn't a thing she could do about it! She knew that the other Avengers all felt the same way, except for Yvonne and Ekaterina for some strange reason.

Hammer in the meantime, was headed toward James who was standing in a defensive position and was preparing to punch the boy. "Well, I suppose that I can just take you down instead, show you all just how insignificant you really are!"

(Editor's note: sorry this took a while. Execution of writing sometimes is a struggle for me..but I hope you're enjoying so far! :3)