chapter twenty five.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"We needed more ice so sage and my daddy went to the store to get more, my momma outside." She answered her question "The last time I saw your sisters Dakota was still in elementary and Haveli and Khouri was still in middle now they're grown as hell, in college, and engaged?"

"That's how I'm feeling right now. You all growned up and shit. You scared for college?" Mieke asked as they turned, finally revealing the outdoor part of the party in view.

 You scared for college?" Mieke asked as they turned, finally revealing the outdoor part of the party in view

"I'm scared but Im happy at the same time. I'm worried about how things are going to go, but I'm also looking forward to this new chapter in my life." Chiara answered, "Dakota likes it?"

"She hated it. She went to famu and she didn't like it there. She said it felt like all they did was party, and she said the people there are weird but now shes going to spelman in the fall and hopefully, she likes it there. Atlanta's got way more for her, so she doesn't have to be stuck in the dorm all the time." Mieke explained.

"I sholl got accepted into famu."

"Why didn't you accept it?" Mieke asked.

"Same reasons Dakota said, plus I heard their financial aid office is a mess, I don't got time to be doing all that stressing honestly."

As they stepped outside, a massive inflatable Hello Kitty head served as a walk-through entrance, and Hello Kitty-themed balloons, each adorned with "Skyler's Hello Kitty Wonderland."

They walked through the walk through and stepped outside. There was already a lot of people inside, but the crowd only seemed to grow larger as they got outside and kids were running around with their lips stained blue and pink, clearly from sweets and their faces painted in vibrant colors added to the festive atmosphere.

There was an ice cream and snow cone truck, face painters, and even a teddy bear machine.

To add on, there were Hello Kitty-themed bounce houses and a booth named "Skyler's Candy Land," filled with a lot of candy. A dance floor was set up with a DJ, and three Hello Kitty mascots joined the kids in dancing.

"Oh yeah Keanu snapped."

"Right?" Chiara agreed. "There go my momma right there." Chiara gestured, and Mieke followed Chiara's finger to find Fela conversing near the gifts area. Skyler not only received numerous presents from Keanu but also from other party attendees, resulting in the gift table overflowing, prompting the addition of an extra table.

"Come on, I sholl gotta put my gift down."

They began walking over to the table and when Fela looked at them she looked at Mieke in shock "Say it ain't so! I know this ain't Mieke!"

"Momma you loud." Chiara mugged Fela.

"Hey Fela." Mieke grinned waving at her.