Then, with no mercy, the boy from 1 swung the bat down once more, a direct hit to the gingers face. Seraphina screamed out, thrashing from under their hold. But it was no use, because Cornelius just kept going.

Whack. The boys bloody head hit the floor hard, his body twitching in pain.

Whack. Clifford's brain had bust over the concrete. Dead. The cannon sounded.

Whack. His body stopped twitching, leaving the small boy with so much life inside him as nothing but a busted up corpse.

Cornelius wouldn't stop, letting out all his anger now on the dead body of Clifford Steep. His head was nothing but mush now, parts of his brain scattered across the floor they once slept on.

"Jesus 1, I think he's dead!" Clemenda scolded, not phased at the gruesome sight. Her tone was like a scolding mother, some ring that only angered a traumatised Seraphina more.

A child had been brutally murdered and they just seen it as another one out of the way. She just hoped that whatever they had planned for her was quicker than was poor Clifford had suffered through.

Cornelius just gave her a teasing smile, kicking the body to prove her point. "Yup, dead. Hard to see the ginger hair under all that... blood and... brains..."

"Fuck you!" It was the first spark of anger the girl had shown all games. A side of her the Capitol had been waiting eagerly to see.

It was always the kindest souls that found themselves morphing into the cruelest forms of humanity.

"Oh, someone's angry," Zeus commented, kneeling down to her eye level from where she lay under the blonde girls boot. "Better watch your tone, songbird. You have no idea what we'll do to you."

"Can I kill her?" Clemenda smirked, pressing her boot harder onto the brunettes neck and causing her to choke out. "It'll be so rewarding doing it myself."

"We're not killing her yet," the blonde career warned, tilting his head at his district partner. "We use her to lure out the other one. He's probably been looking for her all game."

He then took out the zip tie from his bag, taking the brunettes hands and tying her up. Clemenda let out a defeated sigh before pulling her to her feet.

"What if he doesn't care?" Cornelius huffed, swinging the bloody bat around before he threw it with Clifford's body.

"I seen the way he looked at her," Zeus smirked, grasping Seraphina's jaw tightly in his hands, causing her to let out a whimper in pain, "He'll come for his pretty partner."

And then there was a loud wack, pain on the back of the brunettes head, and the world faded to black.

❀❀❀❀❀

SOMEWHERE IN THE CAPITOL...

Finnick Odair had never felt as much panic in his entire life. He hadn't even felt this scared when he was in the games, not ever had he experienced such an ache in his chest that made him stop breathing.

He watched in horror as Zeus threw an unconscious Seraphina Faye over his shoulder, his fists clenched together.

"Finnick... come to bed..." the voice of his client whined, watching from the bed as the man put his head in his hands.