chapter twenty three.

Start from the beginning

"You had hella. You must don't wanna be alive." Keanu said pouring one of the fragrance oils into the beaker "But one of em is when yo papa's pitbull attacked you."

"I'm glad they put that dumb bitch down too. What's a secret that no one knows except you?" She asked and Keanu started laughing "What?"

"You stole yo uncle money the day after he died with yo evil ass." Keanu said still laughing.

"I forgot about that." Mieke chuckled "It's not even stealing because he told me he had some money for me in his wallet the day he died. I very much was letting them tears out while taking the money out his wallet though like aw not my fav uncle died I gotta get to the bag thoughh."

"Yeen shit." He chuckled.

"I'm the shit. What is the craziest thing I've done when we were together?" Mieke asked him.

"You did a lot of crazy shit."

"You made me do the stuff I did."

"Nah you was just crazy." He shook his head "Ion remember what made you do this but the craziest shit you did was put something on my Dad."

"Oh I remember that. That was when you were in Alabama for school you randomly stopped sharing your location in the middle of the night and my calls were going to voicemail but
when I finally reached you, you were telling me that you restarted your phone and that's why the location turned off and your phone didn't want to turn on and I thought you were lying so you put it on your dad's grave that you're not lying and I put it on your dad's grave that you are lying."

"And was I lying?" He put his hand to his ear leaning in and Mieke rolled her eyes "Exactly. I was bout to say it's crazy to see how much you changed but nah ion know bout that yet."

"I have changed. These questions are boring." Mieke frowned as she looked through all the cards in the deck "I'm gonna ask you some questions about our past relationship and see if you remember them."

"I do. You the one that don't remember."

"Auntie memory is getting so bad, Where did me and you go on our first date?"

Keanu thought back to that night "I took you to the fair then out to eat because youn like fair food. That was that same day I met yo momma and Dad. Yo Dad wasn't having it at all."

"He is so dramatic," Mieke rolled her eyes. "Like me having a boyfriend was going to be the end of the world. He was all like, 'My daughter doesn't need a boyfriend; she's just a freshman in high school; she's now starting her life.'" Mieke mocked Derrick, and they both chuckled.

"Nah, I understand why he was doing that. Skyler ain't getting a boyfriend until she's 30."

"Boy please." Mieke held her hand up. "Who said "I love you" first?"

"I did and you ain't say it back." Keanu added, remembering that moment.

"Oh my God." Mieke said with a drawn-out tone. "I did say it back. You just caught me so off guard with that, so I had to take a couple of hours of silence to really process what just happened. But I ended up saying it, so cheer up, big purr."

"I was a lil bit salty yeen say it back."

"Then that went away because you got your I love you back that same day." Mieke said planting a kiss on his lips "What was the moment when you knew you wanted to spend our lives together?"

"For me it was that day we was chilling in my car just talking bout us and shit. We was talking bout the future and what we wanted to do together and when I went home that's the night I realized right then and there that you was not just a girl I wanted to be with but also the girl I wanna build a whole life with. I wanted to share everything with you, and I still do."