Prince Nicholas sighed. "What does he know?"

When Jin said nothing, the look of disappointment on Nicholas' face said everything he did not care to say out loud. He turned to Gwen next. "General, what information do you know of?"

"Besides anything that Roza told me? No. The king had me focused on rebellion movements."

"Fair enough. Sylas?"

Sylas jumped at his name, but calmly stood up like he was taught to whenever he was supposed to address the table. Everyone else had done it, with the exception of Solarie, but she hadn't been raised in high society, and therefore could be forgiven in his eyes.

"Well, I was engaged to her very early on, and I could barely overhear what conversations were happening in the throne room. But..." He turned to Yue, silently asking with their secret blinking language. He had developed a sequence pattern of short and long blinks to indicate letters and spelling, as well as punctuation.

Do I tell them about the visions, or do you want to?

Do we trust them?

Well, two are royalty, two are military, and one is a low house member. What could go wrong?

Stop making long remarks. My brain hurts trying to translate.

Am I telling them about the visions or not?

"Stop blinking at each other!" Solarie turned to Jin. "I told you, they have this weird secret language." she whispered.

Sylas and Yue ignored her. Yes, go ahead. I don't feel like speaking. Whatever miracle happened yesterday is gone.

"Are you going to continue, or should we move on?" Nicholas asked impatiently.

He quickly straightened himself. "Yes, of course- apologies. Yesterday, during the rebel attack, Yue had another vision. Apparently before that, she spouted a prophecy about more war. Yue, do you have the paper?"

She handed the parchment to him, and together they spread it across the table. It was not very grand.

"Am I looking at a child's handwriting?"

"Nicholas, you're barely twenty."

"Not now, Zhelvakova."

"Hello? We're supposed to be looking at the prophecy!" Sylas exclaimed. He pointed at the paper in the center of the table. "But Yue, he has a point. Your handwriting is terrible."

"Try writing things from memory while enduring a splitting headache and then we'll see how your handwriting looks." Yue retorted. When the rest of them turned to her, in awe of her fiery comeback, she again sunk back into her chair.

"Just read the damn prophecy."

They all craned their necks to see what was written. Occasionally one would change their expression, probably indicating a passage that was unreadable, but continued on anyway.

Among the common, one will rise.

To fight, to love, and to wage war,

The battle against darkness is soon to occur.

Five companions, all unique

From different houses, high and low

One on the brink of extinction;

One born of chaos.

Another of the weak-

One of power.

Realm of the Sunजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें