<5>

Hayes' POV

The class before PE was the longest class period in my life.

The teacher droned on forever about nothing in particular and I had a feeling she was actually talking about her personal love life rather than actual school.

When the bell rang she seriously had tears in her eyes and I rolled mine.

Why? Why can't people get over this shit?

I walked to gym class, taking my time.

When I reached the locker room, most of the guys were already leaving. I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get to see their bodies.

Well, damn.

Once everyone was gone, I pulled off my shirt, revealing a black and blue bruise from the other night.

I pulled on a lightweight hoodie.

The door opened with a squeak and Damon walked in. He dropped his bag on the floor and stalked towards me.

My eyes widened as he stopped centimeters in front of my face.

"Do you know anyone by the name of Blaze?" He growled in my ear and my breath hitches.

Why am I affected by this man?

"No." I stated firmly.

"I think you're lying..."

"No... I'm not."

"Take off your shirt."

"Hell no!"

"Now, nerd." He sneered.

I pursed my lips and peeled off the sweatshirt.

His eyes widened when he caught sight of the bruise.

"Where did you get that?"

"I'm a fucking nerd, where do you think I got it?"

"No. That's not something a bully could do... that's only something-"

"What's your name?" He cuts himself off.

"Why would I tell you?"

"Tell me your name!"

"Fine, Hayes."

"Hayes, Blaze. Blaze, Hayes." His eyes widened in realization.

"So that's how you knew!"

"Shut the fuck up! You can't tell anybody!" I placed my hand over his mouth.

He smirked underneath my hand. He removed it from his plump lips.

"I don't know, some people would love to learn about this. 'School nerd is actually an illegal underground fighter.'" His smirk grew wider.

"I said shut the fuck up! You'd get in just as much trouble as I would, more even. I've beat you in a fight and you know it." I growled.

My body tensed as did his.

"Yeah, by the way. How the hell did you beat me? I thought I had it bagged!"

"My skills just overpowered yours." I shrugged and he scowled.

Damon moved closer to me.

"I won't tell anyone if-"

"You won't tell at all. The end." I growled and grabbed his throat, flipping us so he was against the lockers.

"But what if I do?"

"I'll hunt you down and snap your neck."

His eyes seemed to widened in nervousness.

"Okay then, I believe we're done here." I stated and pulled my hoodie on.

"I guess we are."

"It doesn't seem like you want to be over." I stated while trailing my hands up his body. The body that I had bruised without his knowing.

He shuddered under my touch and I grinned.

He pushed my hands away and I kept them at my side.

"Why are you considered a nerd if you can stand up for yourself?" He was curious.

"If you follow me home tonight, I'll tell you." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"See you later but don't be surprised if I challenge you to anything during gym."

"Don't be surprised when I win."

He smirked.

Rumor has it, he's bi. Better for me, right? I can hold many things above him.

He flipped us back over and hissed in my ear.

"I'd like to see you try." He pushed himself away from me and got his back, changing into his gym clothes.

I put on my gym shorts and walked out of the locker room.

Damon trailed behind me and seemed to be deep in thought. Maybe he was debating wether or not to follow me home.

The coach didn't call on me and Damon didn't bother challenging me either.

I sat on the bleachers, phone in hand, playing some random game that I tapped on.

Someone walked up to me and tapped on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked quietly, known to keep up the nerd mask.

"My friend Damon sent me over. Can we talk?" It was that Oliver kid from the fight.

Why the hell did I not know he went here? I usually knew everybody.

"Sure, why not." I shrugged and he sat down beside me.

He had bruises on his knuckles and if you looked close enough you could see one on his jaw. He probably covered it up.

"Why did Damon send you over here?"

"He told me to tell you that he drives a midnight blue Dodge Charger."

I nodded.

"Anything else?"

"Ah, nope. I don't think so." He smiled and stood up.

"So you're just his messenger boy?" I scoffed.

"No. I'm his best friend. We ask each other for favors, that's what friends are for, right?" He seemed to be slightly angered by my comment.

"Yeah, whatever."

He stalked away from me.

I guess I'm having company over tonight.