There Is More Than One Path

Start from the beginning

Back when I was a deputy, I went to that house because of a noise complaint. My partner was sick so I went alone.

The old lady there had been screaming and when I got in there she had ranted on and on about a fire.

I should have taken her seriously, your mother scolded me for that you know.

She said that woman was something supernatural and had given me a warning.
The only problem was, the consequences of not listen only came 4 years later "

He breaths out and Stiles seems to have caught up.

" The... The hale fire
Dad there was no way to know for sure, your suspicious was only confirmed when it happened "

The Sheriff releases a painful laugh but continues anyway

" For an abandoned house of 3 years, that metal pin was in the exact place where I saw it all those years ago

I don't know if it means anything but my gut feeling told me to give it to you"

Stiles looks down at the pin again, it was small enough just to fit into his palm.

It was round and had the words "Goddess of Death" burnt into it, it felt he was holding something one would pass down in your family.

"Who was the old woman?"

"Surprisingly, your friend Lydia Martin's grandmother"

Stiles stops breathing all together, a smile of pure crazed delight made home on his face.

/At School
Lunch Time/

Scott barely made it out of the classroom door when Lydia drags him with her.

He tries asking what she wants but he ends up following her and when they arrive at the table, he sees Allison.

He doesn't know how to act, they weren't exactly on good terms right now but that aside her face showed some concern.

When he sits down, he notices Isaac's arrival and when the four of them are seated, no one really makes the move to talk first.

"Where's Stiles I haven't seen him since I had to basically make my lizard boyfriend become a werewolf and I quite frankly haven't gotten the answers I needed"

Lydia says quickly, voice filled with authority and sasss

Isaac smirks at that
"I saw him yesterday thought he would be here today but he's not, sooo Scott?"

They all turn towards him and Scott can't help but feel slightly nervous

"Uhh well Stiles doesn't really want to come to school anymore?" he says a bit confused

'I never asked him, he should have told me yesterday'

The others only continue to stare at him for a very long while.

Scott is really bad at lying and it's worse now that his best friend wasn't here to fill his head with the perfect nonsense so people would avoid the non answer.

His eyes dart around frantically and his eyes land on the new students, the twins. For some reason they were already looking at them.

Shaking his head, he faces his problem in front of him

"He didn't really tell me anything else and it doesn't really matter if he comes to school anymore"

Was all he said, not clarifying anything and the others seem to have given up.

Well for now anyways.

/Late afternoon /

"What happened?" is all that leaves Derek's mouth the moment Stiles is near