our little one 2/2

The next day marked Palm's birthday party, and everyone gathered in the main area for the celebration. Only the younger crowd was present; Chief and elders were absent, providing an opportunity for unrestricted revelry. Night and North hadn't spoken since the previous night, leaving the Omega upset about the events and dissatisfied with North's reaction, something he never anticipated.

Although not in the mood for the party, Night attended to avoid arousing suspicion about his personal life. Standing with Daonuea and Neung, he engaged in a conversation he couldn't comprehend, his eyes searching for someone else. Finally spotting North near the bar, devoid of emotions, Night sensed North's discontent.

Desiring to talk to North, Night found it challenging to face him after the previous night's proposal. Reflecting on the idea of aborting his child, Night realized he didn't want to go through with it. He sensed it was rooted in fear, particularly the fear of his family, especially Chief, discovering the truth.

At just seventeen, Night understood that he was viewed as a mere child by everyone around him. He grappled with the realization that he might not be mature enough to responsibly care for a child. Despite these doubts, the idea of terminating his own child was something he couldn't bring himself to accept.

Yet, in the midst of this uncertainty, questions lingered.

What other options were there?

What course of action could they take?

As Night pondered these unknowns, the immediate desire for a conversation with North overshadowed his thoughts. The silence between them since the previous night weighed heavy on him, and he yearned for North's presence. Was North also feeling the need to talk, or was there still anger lingering? Night contemplated whether an apology was necessary, questioning the intricacies of their strained connection.

"Night," Daonuea called out in their moment of solitude, with Neung having strolled away for drinks. Night turned to face him, bracing for a conversation he wished to avoid.

"Did you talk to North about it?" he asked, his concern evident. Night, caught in the discomfort of the subject, responded with a mere hum and a nod. "What happened? You don't look okay. What did you guys decide?"

"I—" Night's response was cut short as an unexpected interruption occurred.

"Dao," Kluen interjected himself into their space. "Come on, I called you earlier, but you ignored me. Let's dance!"

"I told you I'm not dancing with you!"

"But why?"

"Kluen, just go. I'm talking to Night," Daonuea asserted.

Undeterred, Kluen seized Daonuea's wrist and initiated a playful tug-of-war, dragging him towards the dance floor alive with pulsating music and dancing bodies. Night observed their amusing interaction in silence, a small smile escaping him involuntarily.

Amidst the lively atmosphere, Night sighed and scanned for Neung, but his friend was nowhere to be found. A glance revealed his elder brother thoroughly enjoying the celebration with his friends, prompting a genuine smile from Night. As Palm approached, Night playfully teased him.

"Hey, birthday boy."

"Oh, come on, don't say that! That's so outdated," Palm remarked, prompting a light giggle from Night. Palm, taking a sip of his drink, probed, "Where are your friends? Why stand here alone? Don't tell me they got tired of your banter and left you."

Night rolled his eyes. "They didn't. Neung left to get drinks for us, and Dao left to dance because P' Kleun dragged him along."

"Oh, I see. Are you enjoying?"