Chapter 18

Kang Nari

Kang Nari

Things only worsened after lunch when Nari saw a notice on the notice board. 

We thank the generous donation of Kang Nari's family. It is because of our families' support that Shinhwa can continue being one of the best institutions across the country...

Nari did not bother reading any further as her mind had long zoned out after reading the first two lines. 

Her family had made a donation. Why?

The day only got more confusing, and Nari felt sick to her stomach. 

She stared at the board in disbelief when she heard a scoff nearby. 

"I see some families are already using their grabby hands to hang on to the rich thigh of the Gu family." One of the minion triplets mocked. Nari could still not remember their names individually and it seemed it served no purpose to do so at the moment. 

She couldn't help but roll her eyes at them which only caused them to stomp and walk away.

One thing was for sure, with everything that had happened so far, Nari's position had only become solidified as she became untouchable. Just the idea of Jun-Pyo making pursuing her would cause an uproar but the donation came at the right time. It helped established Nari as an heiress in her own right. 

Just what was her family planning?

The two incidents felt too good to be mere coincidences. Could all of this be related to why she was made to attend Shinhwa High?

The crowd had slowly dispersed but Nari remained glued to her spot, lost in confusion. 

She needed some sleep, she concluded. 

"Hi." Came a voice from near her ear, sending shivers down her spine as their breath hit her ears. 

Nari controlled the urge to jump as she was startled from her spot. Instead, she turned out in a hurry, only to find Gu Jun-Pyo's face dangerously close to her own. 

Widening her eyes, she immediately took a few steps back, only to have him step equally many forward until she was caged between the wall and him. However, he made no effort to move his arms as they remained in his pockets. But just his aura was imprisoning enough. Since their last confrontation about Geum Jandi, there seemed to have been a change in Jun-Pyo almost as if he was filled with a newfound confidence and clarity. 

"We need to talk." Nari finally managed to utter. She did need to talk to him and clear everything up about the morning. 

Instead of saying anything, he simply raised his eyebrow and tilted his head to the side, urging her to go on while still maintaining the eye-contact. It intimidated Nari, if she was to be honest with herself. Jun-Pyo was dangerous when he was not in the mood to be humored. And if she wanted any clarity, she needed to be careful with her words.