Chapter Sixteen- betrayal

16. Betrayal
.
.
.

The image of my mother driving a knife through my father's chest immediately fades away and we were back to the hall. My father took his seat on his throne once more.

"It is quite devastating, is it not?" He said straightforwardly, I composed myself though my heart bled, the betrayal was eating me too deep, it felt like a dream, it felt like a lie but deep down I knew it was not but why would my mother do this?, it made no sense, this had to be a lie.

"This is a lie" I said confidently, I have to defend her honor, my mother could not deceive me this way, she loved me too much to lie to me about my father, this was a cohort made by this invader before me.

"Is it?" he hissed, his face contorted into a frown "You want it to be a lie so you try to convince yourself as such" he added chuckling

"My mother was not a witch, I would have known that" I defended

"She wasn't, at least at that time" he stood up from his throne, "You see, your mother consumed my essence but what she did not know was that since she was a werewolf before hand and she would not be able to use my powers until she dies, but she was not aware at that time perhaps she would have done things differently . My coven is quite different from the other witches coven, my family is exceptionally strong, our essence is stronger and that was what lured your mother, perhaps I had revealed too much to her than I should have. I was simply blinded by love, I should have known better, werewolves are tricky creatures, always trying to be dominant"

"What do you mean by until she dies" I was utterly confused, it made no sense at all to me,

"Your mother resurrected back as a witch when she died as a werewolf but alone she has been weak for a while, she did not consumed my essence completely, that essence was shared with someone else, and that someone else is you and you took a greater share, magic is mostly drawn towards pure souls and there is no purer soul than the one of an innocent child" he revealed.

I staggered, my legs turned weak immediately, I chuckled for a second or two trying to comprehend his revelation, this was a sick joke, it had to be. "I wish this was a joke" he said as though he was reading my mind "You have my essence in you, that is why I was able to reach out to you" he added.

"There is no proof of that, this might all be an evil plot and you might not even be my father" I stated boldly, I refused to back down, I refuse to be manipulated by a man I knew completely nothing about, why did he not show up earlier when I got sucked into this world for the first time, when my powers were drained out of me by force, when those ghastly creatures attacked me.

"Of course" he simply responded, he got up from his seat and strode over to me, he grabbed my arm and before I knew it, he slit my skin and blood streamed down and he did the same to him. I know this magic, before there was the human science, witches used it to confirm parentage. The white glow proved family relationship while a red glow proved no relationship.

"I can assure you this is real, this is not the physical realm but the mark will remain on your arm when you wake up and it will disappear after some minutes for confirmation. I am able to access a bit of my power through you" he says and he starts chanting the spells, I was exceptionally eager to know the outcome of the spell, it felt like a century as I watched him chant until he stopped and in seconds there it was, the white glow, the proof that he was telling the truth.

****

I sat on the floor resting my back against one of the pillars in the hall feeling completely defeated, my father had returned to his seat and he was watching me intensely.

I wanted answers but this was not exactly the answer I wanted instead it brought forth more questions, it ruined all the good memories I have of my mother, it ruined everything I had known my entire life, my father never abandoned us like I was made to believe, he wasn't the evil man like she painted him to be, or maybe to her he was evil, maybe she hates the fact that she could not use his powers so she choose to hate him instead and she passed on that hate to me, her own child. I can sit here and weep for the betrayal caused by my mother but I had other things to figure out, there were still the the fact that I was connected to this world despot the fact that Williams and his plagues wolves have been destroyed, it was clear that it had nothing to do with the plagued wolves but why me?.

I stood up from the ground, summoning my strength "I need answers" I stated boldly, it hurts that we could not have met under different circumstances, maybe I would have given him a hug and tell him how much I missed him but I couldn't do that, this man might be my father but I knew nothing about him.

"I will help as best as I can" he responded.

"Why am I here?" I asked "Why me and why this world?" I added.

He sighs "Your mother brought you here" he confessed. "You wants to take the remaining essence and she has some other witches working with her and that is why she is able to take major control of this realm and by drawing you it is much easier to drain your essence than in the physical world, you have seen those creatures with your own two eyes, I am certain you have witnessed what they can do"

I stumbled back at his revelation "Is-Is she here right now" I could not help but stutter.

"No!, she isn't, a wizard of hers just passed away, his name is Williams, the black coven will mourn his soul, he is like you, a half-blood , it is a tragedy that he became a pawn in her sick game" he said " Regardless, that is not the issue here my child, if your mother gets the essence from you, you will die"

And that was the statement that completely turned my world upside down "W-What?. My mother is trying to kill me" I muttered, trying to convince myself that I had heard wrong.

"Yes, if she doesn't, she will die and this time it will be forever" he explained.

"But why would any of the witches want to help her?, she was a werewolf in the past. Witches do not willingly help a werewolf" I had to ask, it made absolutely no sense to me.

"She had managed to tell them a false story, like the one she told you, she sought out the help of the black coven, they are known for avenging their witches abs wizards they thought to be wrongfully killed, she made them believe that the werewolves killed me and cast her out when she was with child and before I died, I had willing given her my essence, she wants revenge on the werewolves while she succeeds in draining the remaining essence from you, she is very strong now thanks to them but it is only temporary, she is working on borrowed power" he revealed.

I was completely and utter dumbfounded, I felt this sudden sickness in my belly, this certain disgust for the woman I had once cherished deeply, my mother that was now out to snatch my life from me. "H-how do you know all this, maybe you are wrong. M-my mother cannot do that, how are you sure of all this?"

"I know this, because a part of me is still inside her, and that is how I know that she is coming this very minute" he breathes and I completely froze up.