𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊 | 29

8th Year

8th Year

As the winter break came to an end, Y/N and Draco found themselves once again aboard the Hogwarts Express, making the journey back to the magical castle that held countless memories. The train rumbled along the tracks, its rhythmic motion creating a soothing backdrop to the conversation between the two.

Inside their compartment, the atmosphere was comfortable, with the soft glow of the compartment's lanterns illuminating the space. Y/N and Draco, side by side, shared the anticipation of returning to Hogwarts and the routine of classes.

Draco, gazing out of the window at the passing winter landscape, spoke, "Back to Hogwarts, and somehow it feels like a new beginning every time, doesn't it?"

Y/N nodded, looking out as well. "It does. There's something magical about the start of a new term. Fresh opportunities, new challenges."

Draco turned his attention to Y/N, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Speaking of challenges, any resolutions for the new term?"

Y/N chuckled. "Maybe not resolutions, but I do plan to make the most of every moment. And you?"

Draco's gaze held a thoughtful glint. "I suppose my resolution is to keep things interesting. No dull moments at Hogwarts, right?"

Just as Draco and Y/N were engrossed in their conversation on the Hogwarts Express, a knock echoed through the compartment. The door slid open, revealing Harry Potter standing in the corridor.

"Mind if I have a word, Draco?" Harry inquired, a sense of seriousness in his tone.

Draco glanced at Y/N and then back at Harry. "Sure, Potter. Y/N, do you mind giving us a moment?"

Y/N, sensing the gravity of the situation, nodded understandingly. "Of course. I'll be just outside if you need anything."

Exiting the compartment, Y/N closed the door behind them, giving Draco and Harry the privacy they needed. The narrow corridor of the Hogwarts Express became a temporary sanctuary as Y/N waited patiently, the rhythmic sounds of the train providing a steady backdrop.

With the compartment door closed, Harry Potter took a moment to greet Draco in a more casual manner. "Hey, Draco. How were the holidays? Anything interesting?"

Draco, relaxing a bit, responded, "Oh, you know, the usual. Family gatherings, some traditions. It was decent enough. How about yours?"

Harry shrugged, leaning against the compartment wall. "Quiet, but good. Spent some time with Ginny, always nice to have a break."

Amidst the casual banter about holidays, Draco, sensing an undercurrent, decided to address the matter directly. He looked at Harry and asked, "Alright, Potter, what's the real reason you wanted to talk? I doubt it's just to catch up on holiday stories."