𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 - 𝟮

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! STAY HAPPY AND BLESSED...

ENJOY THE CHAPTER!

═══════⇠𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 - 𝟮⇢═══════

═══════
⇠𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 - 𝟮⇢
═══════

He could feel himself drowning, drowning in an overwhelming torrent of guilt, shame, regret, and a kaleidoscope of every conceivable emotion threatening to drown him. The tumult within him was a maelstrom of remorse, tearing at his very soul.

From the outset, he acknowledged the folly that had marked his journey. Once deluded into thinking he was the prophesied prince, he had become ensnared in the web of destiny, aspiring to play the savior of the world. Yet, he had been wrong-profoundly wrong.

The realms lay shattered in the aftermath of his misguided actions, the Targaryen dynasty reduced to ashes. He had been the architect of his family's demise, the harbinger of death and suffering.

Guilt clawed at him for tearing apart the fabric of the realm, for being the catalyst of countless innocent lives lost.

His family, his children, his sweet Rhaenys and dear Aegon, his beautiful wife, his Elia, by the gods, he did not deserve to even take her name after everything he had put her through.

Elia, his beloved, suffered immeasurably at the hands of his family's madness, a burden he could scarcely bear.

Elia, his peace in the storm, the one who soothed his fears and offered solace, was the anchor he had lost. She had been his strongest support, and his love for her was the only unblemished facet of his life. Starting as friends, she had carved a place in his heart that no other could occupy.

Known for his air of melancholy, Rhaegar was a complex figure, quiet, charming, noble, strong, polite, obsessed with books and music.

He was also known to be brooding many times, and someone who hated killing even though he was known as the greatest knight in the whole seven kingdoms alongside his best mate and kingsguard, Ser Arthur Dayne.

His dearest friend, Ser Arthur Dayne, had been a stalwart companion, though he hated what he was doing, he still upheld his vows and ultimately met his end because of Rhaegar's cause.

From the moment his cousin dealt a killing blow to his chest with a quick swing of his warhammer and he remembered the pain he felt when he realized everything was gone now, he would never be able to see his parents, his father in all of his madness, was still his father, who once loved him.

His beautiful pregnant mother, he would never be able to meet his new sibling, he would never be able to see his little brother, who looked up to him, he would never be able to meet his dear children, his innocent Rhaenys and little Aegon, and he would never be able to relax in his beloved wife's embrace, his darling Elia.