Two

Three weeks later

Haan ziddi to bahut hai woh,Par qismat bhi adi hai khilaaf,Dunya se to lad bhi jaaye,Par bhaagya ko kaise haraaye?(Yes she is very stubborn,But the fate itself is against her,She might have fought the whole world,But how can she defeat the fate?)

Par qismat bhi adi hai khilaaf,
Dunya se to lad bhi jaaye,
Par bhaagya ko kaise haraaye?
(Yes she is very stubborn,
But the fate itself is against her,
She might have fought the whole world,
But how can she defeat the fate?)

Diksha stood in the balcony of her room as she watched Aaryan laugh and fool around with his cousins in the garden. She smiled softly. Her eyes had lit up when she saw him look so uninhibited and carefree. She was the first daughter in law of her generation of the Rajputs. Her husband Rajveer Singh Rajput was in army and now had been missing for almost six months now. They had been married only for two months before he left. And she wasn't particularly saddened either.

She sighed as she watched Aaryan forlornly. He was so close and yet so far. He had become forbidden for her. She had dreamt about him, prayed for him and had been in love with him since ages and when time came for the fulfillment of dreams and prayers, she was returned empty handed. She was tied in an unwanted marriage and had come under the same roof as her beloved but as his sister in law. She gulped the bitterness and pain that engulfed her soul. Diksha hated this marriage but she still stayed here after Rajveer's departure because she was at least near Aaryan. And for Aaryan she could bear this.

Diksha Raichand was from a very prestigious family. She had attended the same university as Aaryan and Atharv. She had fallen in love with Aaryan gradually. She started observing him first and everything he did just seemed to attract her more.

"Chal Diksha chalte hain na! Wednesday wars bahut zyada famous hai apne college mein (come on Diksha! Lets go na! Wednesday wars are really famous in our college). Many talented students showcase their talents on Wednesdays in the auditorium. It will be fun to watch them. Some just make fools out of themselves but sometimes we get to see genuinely talented ones too. We have never attended despite being here for some months now. Lets give it a try today." Palak, her best friend, was pulling her. She frowned.

"Ugh! No ways! You know main itne samay tak chup chap baith nahin sakti kahin (I cannot sit so long silently at a place). I need to keep doing something or the other. You go and attend! Let me be." Diksha had refused. She had always been a little introverted and proud. Her family's status and even her own achievements along with her looks made her a little haughty. Watching people, commenting on them and even attending such needless events was considered beneath her, by her.

"Socha na tha kabhi,
Milke tumse yunhi,
Dil kho baithunga main,
Baaton hi baaton mein...
Dil ki dhadkan meri bikherne lagi hai,
Aaja tu kahin se aur samet le inhen..."

Diksha and Palak turned towards the auditorium from where the could hear someone sing. Palak left her sitting on the bench as she rushed to see who it was that was singing. The voice was soulful and was touching all the right heartstrings. It was deep and beautiful.