Prologue

Kuch hi lafzon mein kya se kya ho gayaMain khud mujh se khafa ho gayaSocha tha zindagi ki shuruat hogi nayi,Mujhko kya thi khabar tu meri hi nahin?Ek khanjar tha bas dil mein utar gayaMere haste khelte dil ko banjar wo kar gaya

Main khud mujh se khafa ho gaya
Socha tha zindagi ki shuruat hogi nayi,
Mujhko kya thi khabar tu meri hi nahin?
Ek khanjar tha bas dil mein utar gaya
Mere haste khelte dil ko banjar wo kar gaya...

The dark skies rumbled. Something was coming. Something that could destroy lives. Down below on the land, people hustled to get to their destinations before the skies began to cry. And amidst the running strangers was a single man who was walking slowly, like he was in no hurry at all. He was walking leisurely... or maybe... defeatedly. He wasn't worried about the storm. How could he? When his life had already faced one of the toughest storms of his life? He closed his eyes in pain. Today the skies were reflecting the conditions of his heart; Dark and gloomy. All he had wanted was normalcy, someone who would love him more than they loved anyone else. Someone whose center of the world he wanted to become. But what did he get? Just what he had always gotten... His fate had always played a cruel joke on him. Why? Did he not matter at all? Did his happiness and heart didn't matter at all?

Since childhood he had always come across as mediocre. He had never been too smart. That place had been reserved. He hadn't even been too passionate. That place had been taken too. He had just been... There. Hard working and normal. He had tried his best but always lost. Could he be any more heartbroken than this?

Each time, since he was a child, he had told himself that someday someone would love him more than they would love the extraordinary brothers of his life. He had told himself that he needed to persevere because that was the only way he would reach the place where he would meet his 'the one'. His dreams had always been simple and sweet. Was that so difficult?

He had become a soldier. He had joined the army, hoping that at least now his family would see him differently. Maybe now his mother would be given the same importance as his aunts. But no... Nothing changed. And now? Now this... How many hits was he supposed to take before he crumbled? Wasn't he a human too? Didn't he deserve respite?

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!" He screamed as he fell to his knees as the skies finally thundered one last time and tore open to cry. "Why???? Kyunnnnn?! Kyun? Don't I deserve happiness? Kahan hai meri khushi? Meri hasraten? Mere sapne? Kahan hai woh sab jo mujhe milna chahiye tha? Kya is sansaar mein mujhe dene ke liye kuch bhi nahin hai?" (Where is my happiness? My desires? My dreams? Where is the fate thats supposed to be mine? Is there nothing to be given to me in this world?) He asked the skies. The streets were empty now. And he was kneeling on the road and crying just like the skies. He had lost his hopes and his will to live.

What he didn't realise was that it was him who didn't know his importance in his family's heart. They loved him yet he knew not. For them, he was the one who had raise the pride of their family. And no one could compare. Alas! They didn't tell him and he never understood.

Wiping his eyes, uselessly, he stood up, like he always had. Looking straight ahead, he decided something then and there...

"Tum yahi chahti ho na? To tumhen yahi milega... Jao... Tumhen saari khushiyan mile, Bas main na milun. Jao... Tum har sukh dekho par mere chehre ko tarso. Jao diya maine tumhen tumhari dil ki arzoo, par yeh arzoo kaante ki tarah tumhen rulayegi..."
(Didn't you want this? So now you will get what you want. Go... May you get all the happiness, but may you not get me. Go... May you see all the contentment, but may you burn for me. Go... I give you the wish that you so desired, but this desire will prick your heart like a thorn...")

And then the fates were tangled some more...

_____________

There might be many spelling mistakes. Ignore them if you can. I don't proof read usually and when I do I will correct them.
Feedback?
Review?