Guard's Troubles

(Now having remembered that the Lamenters exist, makes feel like it should've been a Lamenter instead of a Guardsman. Or maybe you all want the Lamenter to just pop out into the story later on?)

(Anyways with the Story)

Guardsman Rhodes PoV

I continued to venture out the city, the buildings surrounding me were smaller and paled in comparison between the towering heights of a Hive City. Many of the civilians I encountered wanted to take what they call photo's, I never minded them so I just accepted their request. The people I have seemed to be fluent in English enough, though the writing's on the poles suggest otherwise a completely different language... Xenos maybe? Aeldari? T'au? My thoughts ran randomly.

Rhodes' mind: 'No that's not possible... If it's Eldar's then they'd have pointy ears... If they're T'au then they'd look like blue sod's who got dunked into toxic waste...'

I thought about it more yet still no clear answer, Every possiblity I come up with in my head goes to a dead end. Sometimes I wish I was a Space Marine, better yet an Ultramarine.

Rhodes' mind: Where is lord Guilliman when you need him?

Eventually my random venturing got me stumbling into a dimly lit sidewalk, in a Hive City alley's like this are filled with just corpses and corpse guild people.

Rhodes: Even the path is better than ones in a Hive City.

I continued to walk down the sidewalk, I then accidentally bumped into a person walking the opposite way of me, best thing is that he had buddies, two of em. The guy I accidentally bumped into grabbed my should and turned me around.

Guy 1 (JP): Hey watch where you're going!

His language was weird but I paid no attention to it.

Rhodes (EN): Then why don't you walk with your eyes civvie.

Guy 3 (JP): Yo, I think he spoke in English.

Guy 1 (JP): Oh really then?

The man looked at me again.

*Spit*

He did not just spat on my flak armor...

Guy 1 (EN): So you think you're somekind of high end cosplayer eh? Then pay up before things get ugly!

Rhodes (EN): Civilian, I will give you ten seconds to get out of my face and get lost.

Guy 1 (EN): Oh you really think that guy will scare me?

He pulled out a small knife, unlucky for him I have a longer bayonet

Guy 1 (EN): Then pay up.

I clenched my right hand.

Rhodes (EN): Well I have something for you.

Guy 1 (EN): Oh so you're gonna pay up?

*SMACK*