Time Warp

"Welcome to the "Grim Darkness" of the future where Fun isn't allowed, Happiness is banned, Peace doesn't exist, and there's only War."
- Blood Angels Battle Brother, Russianius Badgurias

Hive City Walls

Guardsmen Rhodes of the Cadian Shock Troops.

Yet again for what felt like the 1000th time I was walking on top of the Hive City walls, doing routine patrolling until my shift's up and another poor sod take my place. To be completely honest, I wished I had died when the attack from Orks came out of nowhere. The only way to get even some rest in the Imperial Guard is by death. Like literally.

Rhodes' mind: 'Just another hour until my shift's done.'

I continued to pace along the walls flooring, the only thing proving some privacy or cover on these walls were the walls of sandbags and turret emplacements, there were guys on the lower dirt ground in trenches. They act as the first line while us on the walls were second.

Rhodes: I wonder if the Commissar is getting his precious time. Fucking bastard.

Unlike many Guardsmen who sometimes adore their accompanying Commissar, I didn't. Our regiment got a fucking cunt of a Commissar, I just wished a laser shot from a lasgun came in and killed him. Anyways while I was pacing through the wall, I saw a small metal stairway.

Rhodes: Well I still have some more time. I'll just smoke a little then I'm done.

I went to the stairway and went down it, at the end of the stairway there was a door.

Rhodes: Perfect, should be good enough.

I placed my hand on the door handle.

*Click*
*Clack*

I pushed down the handle a d opened the door not thinking anything of what's inside.

Rhodes' mind: What in the name of the Emperor?

To my surprise there were two people inside one being a woman with short dark hair and the other a shorter girl with short blonde hair, one in a white dress and rocking something like a short black skirt only to the upper thigh and elongated socks probably along with a floating aparatus above her head. The other was wearing a coat, white shirt, a red tie, and a longer beige colored skirt.

Rhodes: What is going on here!

I shouted that got the witch's attention, as I held and aimed my Lasgun at them.

Witch: Don't even try, human weapons doesn't do much.

Rhodes: That wasn't a warning witch.