Seventeen

We walk in to the new passage, the beeping getting louder with every step we take before it stops.

"You guys ever seen this place before?" Thomas asks.

"No." Minho answers, his voice bouncing off the concrete walls. We continue walking into the passage, caution crossing our faces but also curiosity. This was new and we were pretty damn worried about what this could be but also a little hopeful. This could be our way out I think to myself. 

We reach the end of the hall where a loud noise from the griever tracker sounds, almost like the sound effect of a falling bomb before it hits the ground and a door opens, revealing an extension to the passage that we were currently in. Naturally, we continue to walk, reaching another door this time, with a shiny substance on the edge.

"Grievers." Minho says, getting the stuff on his fingers. Then a red light flashes, almost as though it was scanning us before an alarm sounds. We look behind us; the section was closing. Blades were turning and the concrete was moving.

"Run Thomas! We're gonna get trapped!" Minho shouts and we sprint as quick as we can, dodging the blades that turn, trying to get to the end. Minho and I were able to anticipate when the blades were going to the close and estimate the area where we could escape, Thomas could not. That is how he got stuck after hesitating to beat the blades and the end of where he was ended in concrete. If he got stuck, he truly was. 

Minho and I ran alongside him, shouting encouragements to try and get him out of the situation he was in before he decided 'screw it' and went for it, beating an already closing blade. He ran into us but we held him up and continued running at the same time. This was my bad feeling.

As we were running we stopped in front of a large, concrete pillar that has always been there but there was something different. The metal holding it in place was 'unlocking', allowing the pillar to slowly fall, gravity bringing it to the ground in almost slow motion. 

"Guys, go, go!" I shout and that's what we do. The pillars all along the section were falling, one of them almost falling on Thomas.

"Oh shit!" I hear him shout and I reach the closing of the hallway before the boys. I run but soon drop to my knees then stomach, Minho behind me and Thomas behind him. We all fall to the ground, tired and completely freaked by what just happened. Not that we knew exactly. 

"That was nuts." I comment. "Race yas?" I ask with a smile before getting up and running back to the glade to tell of our adventure in section 7. 

When we get back, half the glade is waiting for us, including a very confused Newt and a pissed of Alby. Chuck was just curious. 

"Well, what the bloody hell happened out there?" Newt asks and I laugh; mainly because I already couldn't breathe.

"Tell you what, we found a new door; something we'd never seen before." Minho explains as we walk along the glade. Gally, wasn't impressed.

"We think it could be the grievers home; where they go during the day." I inform and Chuck and Newt stop.

"Woah wait a minute. You found the grievers home? And you want us to go in?" Chuck questions. Thomas looks at him.

"Their way in could be our way out Chuck." Thomas answers and I had to agree with him on that point. I was also a little hesitant on the idea, knowing that the 'grievers home' was our way out but it also made sense. We most likely found a way out and we had to take the chance while we still can. While it still made sense to. 

Naturally, Gally got pissed off with this plan, shouting at Thomas and me about the maze and how he supposedly knows it which was a load of crap, by the way. The guys never even stepped foot in the maze. Throughout their fighting, Teresa comes up behind us, trying to grab our attention.

"Hey! It's Alby!" She shouts and we stop yelling for five seconds, allowing her to go on. "He's awake." She says a little softer and Minho, Thomas, Newt and I look at each other before walking in the direction of the med hut.

When we get there, we walk in with caution, as though one wrong move and he'll drop dead. Jeff and Clint warn us that he isn't speaking much, his trauma obvious. It was his face that killed me though. He'd given up the fight. Lost all hope. 

"Alby?" Thomas asks him and his head moves slightly. "Hey Minho, Katie and I think we found a way out. You hear that? We could get out of here!" Thomas says softly and this time Alby looks at Thomas completely. Tears glistened in his eyes.

"We can't leave." He states simply and I look up at Minho who looks down at me. Alby continued. "You were always their favourite Thomas. Why did you come here?" Alby asks and at this I snap my head up. What? Thomas was obviously confused by his statement but his attention was dragged elsewhere when we heard shouts coming from the glade. 

As we leave, I see Alby cradle his head in his hands and hear his sobs. He really had given up hope. 

When we get outside, we see gladers running around, torches in hand.

"What's going on?" Thomas asks Winston as he runs by and he looks to the maze walls. My eyes widen. 

"The walls; they aren't closing."

I know it's shorter than most. Hoping the next one will be a little longer.