Chapter twenty four:Sick

Start from the beginning

That note is one of the things that I think about late at night when laying down in the dark silence.

I am snapped out of my thoughts as my stomach turns again and I let out a pained whimper.

I tightly wrap my arms around my knees and pull them to my chest.

Maybe this is how I'm going out. It's about fucking time, I've been living this miserable life for too long anyways.

I hear the soft click of my door opening and I immediately look over as an immediate reaction.

The moment I look over I see Eros in all his glory, entering the room with a tense expression.

"Eros, I am going to cry" I say in a distraught tone, feeling the urge to vomit becoming more overwhelming.

"What's wrong Bella" Eros says, in almost a worried tone. He smoothly pulls the wooden chair sitting in the corner of my room and slides it next to my bed. He swiftly sits down and braces his forearms on my bed while intertwining his ringed fingers.

I turn on my side and stare softly at him while feeling nausea fill my body, "my stomach hurts and- I feel like I am going to vomit."

"Your phobia" He mumbles slightly focused, while lifting one of his muscular hands and gently placing the back of it on my forehead.

"Am I hot?" I whisper worriedly, wondering how sick I truly am.

Eros's red lips slightly begin to tug upwards before he suppresses it by pursing his lips, "yes."

He slowly removes his hand and places it back down next to me.

"Oh fuck" I say while closing my eyes and biting the inside of my cheek.

"Can you talk?" I desperately ask Eros, hoping he can distract me from the pain consuming my stomach.

"I have nothing to say."

"Yes you do."

"Bella, I am not going to talk when I don't want to" Eros grumbles irritably.

"Please, I just want a distraction."

Eros sighs deeply before I feel his warm finger softly brush back a piece of my hair that was covering the side of my face, "about what?"

"What were you doing before you were working for my family?" I say curiously.

"Bella, you don't want to hear about that."

"Yes I do" I argue while opening my eyes.

Eros sighs darkly again, "I was an assassin." He reluctantly says while looking at the wall behind me in an emotionless way.

My eyes slightly widen as I stare at him in shock, "I had no idea."

"I would rather you not" Eros answers while running one of his hands through his dark hair.

"No I want to know about you, I won't judge" I say quickly.

Eros's cold eyes slightly soften, "when I was sixteen, I was caught by a man stealing food. And instead of ruining my fucking life, he offered me a job" He clenches his jaw at the memory.