Prom- Sodapop

You were in biology class with Sodapop. He was cutting into the frog as you tried not to throw up. Your friend, Amanda, walked up to the table.

" Y/N! Is it true you still don't have a date to prom tonight even after you bought a very expensive dress? " She asked. You nodded. " True. I don't have a date. " You said. Soda quit cutting into the frog for half a second and looked at you.

" I hear someone in this class might ask you. " She hinted. " Who? " You asked. You were hopeful it would be Sodapop, but chances are it won't be.

" Can't tell you. " She said and walked away. You rolled your eyes and sighed. " Ain't no one going to ask me to prom! " You huffed, writing something on a piece of paper. Soda looked at you and smirked. " What? " You asked.

" I like when you let your Texas self slip out. " He said, putting the hemostats down. " What'dya mean, Sodapop Patrick Curtis? " You asked. He hated when you used his full name. " Well, that country talk and your accent. Ya know? " He responded. You giggled and continued writing in your journal.

" What's that? " He asked, looking over your shoulder. Your face turned red and you quickly slammed your journal shut. " Nothing! " You quickly said. " I already saw it. It's a note to Amanda asking if I was who she was talking about. How you really wanted me to ask you to prom. " He said. Your face was as red as a tomato with a sunburn.

" Oh dear lord just take me up to heaven now! " You groaned, throwing your head up. " Yeah, your right. " You muttered, grabbing your stuff and literally running out of the class.

You sat in your car and laid your seat down. You almost fell asleep when there was a knock on the window. You looked up to see Sodapop. You rolled the window down. " Look, I'm sorry for ruining our friendship. I bet you're super embarrassed that I like you. Please, go. " You sneered. He walked around and opened the passenger door.

" Y/N, I'm not embarrassed at all. You haven't ruined our friendship. " He said, sitting down in the passenger seat. You looked at him. " What do you mean? " You asked. " I really like you, Y/N. I was going to ask you to prom today. I know it's pretty late, considering prom is tonight, but I really like you. You honestly made my day when I read that note. " He said. Your eyes went wide. " Bullshit. " You muttered. 

" It isn't bullshit. " He said. Just like that, his lips were on yours. You leaned into the kiss, wrapping an arm around his neck. You broke apart, both grinning. " Okay, maybe it isn't bullshit... " You giggled. He grabbed your hand. " So what about prom? Do you want to be my date? " He asked. You nodded. " I'd love to, Soda. " You said, kissing his cheek.

*********************************************************

You heard a knock at the door and ran down the stairs excitedly. " Hey beautiful. " Sodapop's voice filled the air. He stood there in a black tux. " Oh, my baby's going to prom! " Your mother gushed, snapping a picture of both of you. You rolled your eyes and said goodbye.

Your favorite song was playing when you both arrived.

Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright
Little darlin', it's been a long, cold, lonely winter
Little darlin', it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright
Little darlin', the smile's returning to their faces
Little darlin', it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Little darlin', I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darlin', it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright
Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo
Here comes the sun
It's alright
It's alright

Sodapop gazed into your eyes and pulled you in for a kiss. 

Best day ever.

I know this is kinda lame but I didn't have much insperation :/