Chapter 11

Aurora

"Did I do something to her?" I whispered to Verena, my voice cracked from how hurt I was. I didn't know why she left, why she didn't pick up my phone calls or reply to my texts anymore.

I haven't been eaten well, nothing stays in my stomach except for blood. Blood has been feeding my vampire side, my strength has doubled my speed was better.

I see her around school sometimes and get a hint of her scent and it drives me insane, I need to be close to her. I need her so bad..

But I can't.

"I don't know what to tell you, Aurora. Maybe the girl wants to be alone to think, to gather her thoughts. Give her time" Verena stood up and gave me her hand, it was five in the morning and I couldn't sleep so I called her, we were at the rink for the first time in a week.

"Come on" she said with a smile, I took her hand and she pulled me up to my feet.

"Whatever you feel...here" she touched my chest,

"Let it out in the rink" she grabbed my arms and started skating backwards, my tears were sliding down my cheeks and I was feeling so vulnerable and lonely without her.

"It's fine Aurora, you're fine. Sometimes you just need to take a big step back to gather better information to see if you should continue or not..." I grabbed her arms and started spinning on on foot, I watched her body stretch almost parallel to the ice and into a death spiral, I kept holding her with one hand for a few seconds then put my other hand and pulled her up.

"I feel weak without her" I whispered laying my forehead on her shoulder, I wasn't lying, I feel shattered without her, I feel out of place. Is it because my blood runs through her veins? is it because my soul is connected to hers?

"What should I do? Help me, V" her hand rubbed my back in a reassuring way making me sigh,

"Give her time, Aurora. One more week and perhaps she'll come and talk to you" Verena said and patted my head, a gesture that she enjoyed bothering me with.

"What if she doesn't?"

"Then you man the fuck up and go talk to her" Verena turned putting her hands in mine, she jumped and I pulled her up above my head while she balanced in the air only using my arms as support.

"I can't" I whispered, and helped Verena jump down back on her skates.

"You can't what?"

"Talk to her, she...makes me nervous" I admitted feeling the very little blood in my system rush to my face with how hard I was blushing.

"Just because she makes you nervous doesn't mean you get to be a pussy." Verena made her way to the bench and pulled out a speaker, she connected her phone to it then played swan lake by Tchaikovsky.

"Why swan lake?" I asked confused, Verena smiled and skated to me.

"Undying love" she whispered and started skating to the music, the moves she did were perfect but they were missing something. They were missing someone..

When she opened her arms like she was dancing with a partner I slid right there and held her arms to try and keep up with the music, but to my surprise I fit right in, as if I already done this before.

"Good..good, not bad at all" Verena praised when the music stopped, I was about to thank her when I heard someone clap their hands making the both of us look at them.

"That was...amazing ladies. Fabulous" The woman said with a smirk, a middle aged woman with dyed white hair. She gestured for the both of us to come closer, I gave Verena a questioning look and she just shrugged.

"Can I help you with anything, ma'am?" I asked the woman, she smelled human, so there was nothing to worry about. She seemed familiar but I couldn't quite remember where I've seen her.

"Yes, I'm missing a pair of figure skaters and I think I just found them" she stated making me chuckle, I sat down on the bench next to her and started unlacing my skates.

"I'm sorry, miss but I can't figure skate. I'm a hockey player, me and my friend here are just having fun" the woman sat leaned on the wall and folded her arms in front of her.

"My name is Fabriana Vasili and I'm a skating coach. You may know me from last year, my student Daisy Collins won best choreo of the year" at the sound of her name my head shot up to look at the woman, so that's where I know her from.

"Miss Vasili why didn't you say that, I thought you were a stranger. I'm Aurora" I stood up and gave her my hand to shake, I could feel Verena's eyes on me wondering what I was up to.

"Well, Aurora. If you change your mind, practice is in an hour. I'd love to have you both there" she smiled at Verena and walked away, V stepped in front of me with raised eyebrows and folded arms.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? What are you doing Aurora?" She questioned,

"If I- no if we join the skating team I get to see her V, I get to be close to her. I can't stay away from her, it fucking kills me." I explained to the woman standing in front of me with an unsure face.

"Please V, if it doesn't work I swear I'll quit. If she keeps running away from me, I'll just stop" I held my hand up for her to shake, she stared at it for a moment before groaning and shaking it.

"You better keep your word, cunt" she mumbled and I smiled, she turned around to go back on the rink and I fist bumped the air to celebrate my success.

-

"Max, Daisy. This is Aurora, and that's Verena. They'll be in our team. W-" 

"What?!" Max yelled in surprise, miss Vasili put her hand up in his face to stop him from speaking again. Miss Vasili introduced us oblivious that we all knew each other. Daisy was looking at the ground avoiding my eyes, but I didn't give up, I just wanted her to look at me. I just want her to talk to me.

"With your last performance Max, be thankful I didn't kick you off the team" that shut him up real quick, I looked at my Daisy, begging that she lets me glance at her eyes. Just once.

'Look at me Daisy' I whispered so low that no one could hear other than her, I saw her stiffen in her place but she still didn't look up at me.

"Today, we'll just see how each pair does. Daisy and Max you guys go first" Miss Vasili clapped her hands and they both went to the middle of the rink, the music started and it was swan lake. I looked at Verena confused and she just smiled.

"I told you I'll get you ready for your little gir-" my hand flew to her mouth shutting her up before she could blurt it out and she just smirked. She slapped my hand away from her face and nodded towards the rink.

After a whole week of her ignoring me, I finally got to look at her warm eyes, they were staring with curiosity between me and V. But as I started losing myself into them, she looked away.

Max and Daisy were very good but they were too close, too touchy, is that how it'll look when V and I skate? I started to feel regret and a little anxiety because now Daisy will have to watch me skate with V and she might get the wrong idea. She might even think I suck.

"That was great, it needs more practice but good nevertheless" Miss Vasili said with no emotions on her face then mentioned for me and V to go over to the middle of the rink. I crouched to tighten my laces and cleared my throat. V saw how nervous I was and just sighed and stood in front of me.

"You got this" she patted my head making me groan and roll my eyes. What an ass...

*****************************************
Aurora and V in media for those who are curious what Verena looks like.

Muah

-S