𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 8 🎬

AUTHOR NOTE: Hello to my dear readers! I deeply apologize for not being able to upload a lot recently due to laziness and just not having the strength to write anything! I will try my best to write in here every day until this book finishes as my way to apologize to the readers that really enjoy this book (Hopefully, I keep my promises without having zero motivation). Anyways, here is chapter 8, and have a happy reading!!

-- INTRODUCTION OF THE NEW CHARACTERS --

JANG WONYOUNG AS EMILY CHOI

"Why are you telling me this now? I could've ruined my ex in a week if you said that to me a bit earlier!"

-Age: 23 years old

-Stuff that she loves: Shopping, buying cute stuff even tho she doesn't need them, giving advice to other people, skincare and make up

-May seem stupid, but is smarter than her ex

LEE ANTON AS KIM SUNJAE

"There is a reason why I didn't tell you this. If I told you earlier, your ex would know about your plan and would even try to come up with an even smarter plan to hurt Namsoon's family, including you. He is not smarter than you, but that doesn't mean he's stupid"

-Age: 24 years old

-Stuff that he likes: Playing the cello, producing and listening to music, working out and swimming

-Is the assistant of Emily's ex, but is more closer to her

Relationship status between the two: FRIENDSHIP (They are closer with eo)

----START OF THE CHAPTER----

(FROM NAMSOON'S POV)

Who could it be now? I grabbed my phone from my pockets as I then aswered the call:"Hello? It's Kang Namsoon, who am I speaking to?" I said while I closed the last cardboard box as I stood up.

:"Namsoon it's me your best friend Hwaja! Who do you think it was" I chuckled as I realized it was Hwaja. This made me remember that she told me through text that she was calling me at night time:"Hwaja you kinda scared me a bit. Thought you were some stranger or something! Well, what did you want to tell me? You've been making me since this evening" "Oh, let me tell you it's big big news! So, you know that I needed to find someone else to help me at the bakery right?" She asked me as I hummed, meaning that I knew:"Well, there is this girl named Choi Emily who wanted to meet me and get more info about the job! And from what I've seen today, not only she is really good at running her own bakery and all, but she is soo nice and pretty! You should totally meet her tomorrow!" She said excitedly as I smiled, hearing the news she told me.

:"Oii, you are making me curious about this Choi Emily! You should invite her to our next hang out which is I think this Saturday!" "I actually did! Trust me Namsoon, you will love her" She chuckled as I also did:"Alright, I trust you. But hey, it's late now so you better get some sleep Hwaja. Let's talk tomorrow"

"Sure thing Namsoon! Goodnight!"

THE NEXT DAY

(FROM EMILY'S POV)

I was now at Hwaja's bakery starting my first ever shift at my new job! How was it going if you're asking? Well, it was going really well! I met lots of kind customers, made some yummy pastries in the kitchen, served a few customers, talked with the cutest elderly people for a few minutes, helped some teenage kids who were struggling with something and not only that, Hwaja helped me with a few stuff while we talked so we could get to know each other. I obviously didn't want to work her just so I could get closer to Namsoon, no! Obviously not, I wanted to also meet new people and be in a better environment. I mean, yeah I do miss all of the coworkers of my ex, but to be honest, I prefer it here. Where everybody is happy, calm, eating peacefully and not only that, I'm distant from the so called "Love of my life".

Currently, I was in the cash register area, while Hwaja was serving a few of our customers while the rest of my coworkers were either in the kitchen, preparing some yummy pastries, or in the area of the bakery that I was in, which aka was the cash register + the windows full of warm and delicious pastries that you could see. And on the top of the wall, you could see the full menu. As I was touching a few buttons of the cash register, I felt someone approach my direction, and I knew it was a customer. So I quickly finished what I was doing:"Hello! Welcome to Hwaja's bakery what can I get for you..." I then looked directly at the customer with a smile, but suddenly the smile faded and I was shocked.

It was... Sunjae. Kim Sunjae is my exes assistant, and was also a pretty close friend of mine. But it has been a while since I didn't talk to him and I could see is that, he kinda changed. He now had his hair dyed in red, and was wearing a full black suit. Looks like he was still working for him. I blinked as I then whispered at him:"Sunjae... What are you doing here?" I said, still surprised.

The man sighed as he then looked at me, seriously:"Look Emily, can we talk? And it's pretty important" He replied as I then nodded my head as I told him to take a seat.

But before he decided to do so, he looked at me and ordered:"Oh and can I have an Iced Americano and any cake while we're here" He now said in a playful tone as I raised my eyebrow and chuckled:"Was this the important thing you wanted to tell me?" I chuckled as he laughed a bit

:"Well, no, but I wanted to come here for some time and decided to come here. And I didn't know you were now working here until now" He replied as he then left to take a seat, while I was pushing a few buttons of the cash register screen on what Sunjae ordered.

But I was kinda curious on what he wanted to tell me...

TO BE CONTINUED...

word count: 1073 words