"Welcome to the Russell family."

She laughed and thanked him and the two also hugged. I knew from George that he had seen her a few times at large family gatherings and that the two of them got along quite well.

"And this is my girlfriend Annabelle. Annabelle this is Paula, my now new sister in law."

The woman greeted me and we chatted briefly while the boys talked about something else. She seemed really nice and I immediately had a positive impression of her.

"And thanks for helping Tim earlier, he told me what happened."

I quickly waved him off and said it was nothing, but she thanked me again and said that this wasn't a given, but that we were all a family now. These words surprised me a little, after all she didn't know how long I had been with George and she had only known me for five minutes. 

But as I said, she gave me a positive impression and a little later we said goodbye to each other, laughing. At the buffet I saw George talking to another man and not wanting to disturb them, I grabbed a plate and loaded up on some food as I was starving. 

There were little name cards on the tables and it took me some time to find mine. At least I assumed that would be my place.

George's girl

I sat down with a smile and began to eat the food I had brought with me.

"Uh, sorry, are you sure this is your seat?"

Startled, I turned around and almost choked. When I saw George behind me, I just rolled my eyes and laughed and went back to my plate, answering him.

"I didn't know who else your girl was supposed to be."

"So actually I invited another girl."

Laughing, I hit his arm as he sat down next to me and ironically he rubbed his arm. Shaking his head, he grinned at me before starting to eat himself. After we were both finished, we sat and chatted for a while before two men waved George over.

"Oh no, here we go. How's the season going? Will you win this year? Can we expect an improvement after the summer break, are there any updates on the car?"

George rolled his eyes sarcastically and then told me I should find something else to do before I had to listen to him answer these boring questions. Luckily, Lari came running right at that moment and said she wanted to dance with me. 

George quickly gave me a kiss on the top of my hair before we parted ways. Laughing, I followed the girl who happily jumped forward and pulled me by my hand into the middle of the dance floor to Tim and Alison.

"Oh no, looks like she's already found her next victim after Cara wanted a break," said George's mother, laughing and looking at me apologetically.

After several many songs, the two children became more and more tired and they went back to their seats. I wanted to follow them, but the music suddenly became quieter and some women came onto the dance floor. 

Only then did I see that Pauls was standing at the front, with his back to us and holding her bridal bouquet in his hand. Laughing, she looked over her shoulder and waited until everyone was ready. 

Since the wedding was only celebrated in a small circle, there were only six young women who were now on the dance floor. I saw George standing at the edge with his brother, who winked at me.

"Okay, everyone ready than 3, 2, 1 and go."

Laughing, I rolled my eyes and shook my head at George, not really noticing Paula's voice. He just looked way too good over there and I lost myself in his eyes again instead of paying attention to the flying bouquet.