ONE

My life is so over, I thought as I ran, my science project is definitely going to result in a 'F' and as if that's not enough, Roy's out hunting me like a rabid dog.

It was supposed to be a simple task, does Watermelon generate electricity? Of course, everyone knows it doesn't. I put it in front of the class, plugged a cable into it, connected it to my cell phone and, ta da!, point proved. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Mr. Foster ask me to explain- I mean, what in the world is there to explain?

"Mr. Sanders", he said in that nineties boom box voice of his, " Care to explain? ".

What's there to explain?, I thought angrily to myself. The Melon, as if sensing my frustration, blew up at that very moment and dumped itself on hotshot, big time bully, professional killer, Roy Henderson, of all people. I ran out of the class with Mr. Foster screaming detention at my back and Roy ready to pummel me, if he caught me, that is.

I rounded a bend and saw Roy right in front of me, quickly backtracking as he threw something at me and shouted, "You're a dead man, Troy Sanders!".

I have to say that's actually an improvement in our relationship 'cause he never called me man before, he prefers to go for duck or dweeb or something like that, you get the picture.

I got tired of running round the school like a scared bunny, which I kinda was at that moment, so I decided to lock myself up in the Janitor's office, bad idea. As it turned out, one of his uncountable minions was already waiting for me in there and he grabbed me as soon as I had foolishly dropped the keys on the table.

"Please", I begged desperately, offering him everything I hold dearly, which isn't much, I tell you.

"Think you could run forever?", Roy asked, smirking when I was brought to kneel at his feet. Everyone had gathered to watch my humiliation and as I already know, Roy won't have the decency to make it quick, "Think you can make fun of me and get away with it, is that it, Sanders?"

"Please just get this over with Roy, I have a science project to get back to", I said to him as I was already bored of the whole 'I'm the greatest kid in the school and you're not worthy to lick my boots' speech I knew was coming, he says that thing like everything he and I has a run-in- I mean, how long do you have to say the same thing over and over again until it becomes stale?

Unfortunately, as I pitifully realised in hindsight, I should have kept my smart aleck mouth shut. Before I could begin taking my words back, Roy suddenly swung at my face in anger, the ferocious force behind the blow causing a shockwave of pain to drill into my jaw and headed straight for my brain. But that was not all as he punched me again in my side, unable to react to the feeling of my lung almost bursting as he had already it up with several punches to my face again.

Just as I was beginning to think that the end was near, he suddenly left me alone as I heard him say "Well, well, what do we have here?" in his what like to call 'the Roy tone'.

Looking up, I realised in horror that he had gotten ahold of my French assignment- Come on Roy, not the assignment, Miss Trasch will have my hide if anything happens to it.

"Don't touch that!", I shouted, lunging at him with strength I didn't even know I possessed but his guys easily caught and held me back.

"For the final payback", he said as he tore my hard done assignment right before my very eyes, there was definitely no saving me now.

I heard the bell ring for next period and my would-be assassins finally let me go, not that they hadn't already killed me. Like I said before, my life is over 'cause my next period happens to be French and Miss Trasch is going waiting for me and my now-destroyed assignment, and just so we're clear, Miss Trasch is not a woman you want to cross.

After going on and on about how my funeral was going to be, I finally went to French class, twenty minutes after it ended. Surprisingly, Miss Trasch was still there, not that I didn't expect her to be, I can't imagine her being somewhere else.

I've got to say she isn't the typical French teacher-looking type. For starters, she is young, like totally dateable young. She is model range slim and has black hair that she style like the Asian women bob, which she isn't- Believe me, I know.

She speaks with a heavy French accent although it has never been proven if she was really French born or not, and again, one of the most feared teachers in the school, and not just because she keeps a wicked looking wooden ruler which she isn't afraid to use at her side at all times.

"Miss Trasch", I called in my best innocent 'Please don't punish me' tone.

"Hello, Troy", she replied when she looked up to see me standing there, she's the only teacher who addresses students by their first names,"Missed you in class today".

"I had an accident", I replied, still in the tone, "And so did my assignment".

Her brows furrowed in anger or confusion, I couldn't decipher which.

"That assignment is already due", she said, definitely angry.

"I'm sorry", I said, and I really am. "Please give me some overtime, I'm sure I'll have on your desk in no time".

I crossed my fingers behind my back as I pleaded and hoped like hell that any saintly spirit from above would descend upon and convince her to give me that overtime or else it will be another fat, filthy F for me.

"I would Troy but I already did", she replied, dashing my hope against the rocks, "Two weeks ago, in fact".

She began to tap her pen lightly on the desk as she thought. Then, she added after a while, "I will give you another overtime but only until tomorrow morning".

That was a lot less time than I was given before and the truth is I had to pay a guy fifty bucks to get it done. I am so toast. Forget everything I said before about my life being over, this is just the beginning of the end for me.