The city... it was... there.

Towering skyscrapers reflected in the piercing sunlight. And what kept it safe from the monstrosities of the outside world?

Walls.

Massive fucking cement walls.

Everyone jumped out of the car. Thomas came round the side and carried me down from the back. Him and Newt offered to help me walk but I refused. I needed to get it moving or it will be immobile. I slowly walked it off towards the edge. It wasn't broken. I could see that now. Just sprained. It would heal with rest. Rest I didn't have now.

We had stopped on a road running along the edge of the mountain looking over the city. We all stood on the edge in a line.

"Funny... Spent three years trapped behind walls, trying to break out, and now we wanna break back in," Newt sighed.

"Yeah. It's hilarious," Fry remarked.

"Jorge, how do we get in?" Thomas asked.

"Don't look at me, hermano. Those walls are new," Jorge replied gravely.

"Well, glad to see Wicked has come up with a completely new way to solve all their problems," I sighed shaking my head. The others sighed in agreement.

"Well, we ain't gonna figure it out from up here," Brenda stated before spinning and walking back to the car, "Let's go!"

Jorge jumped back into the driver's seat.

Fry quickly followed after Brenda.

"Bren," Fry murmured. She turned to look at him. He gave her a look. It was hard to decipher at only one last glance. It seemed to be a common look only they would understand. But I saw Brenda put her arms around Fry and smirk.

"It would be so much easier to hold a grudge if you weren't so cute," She murmured into his ear before standing up on her tiptoes to kiss him softly on the lips. Fry stood frozen as Brenda smiled cheekily and returned to the front seat. Jorge rolled his eyes as Brenda jumped into the car.

I turned back to the view beside Thomas. Newt on Tom's other side.

The city... It was... terrifying.

"You really think he's in there?" Newt asked Thomas.

"I guess we'll find out," Tom sighed.

"You know she's gonna be there too..." Newt murmured glancing at me.

Thomas held Newt's gaze before looking at me as well.

I looked back out to the city.

Teresa.

I had tried to not give her a passing thought since she... betrayed us. But I couldn't help thinking of her every time one of our plans to rescue Minho fell through. Or every time I comforted Newt as he cried on my shoulder about our friend slipping through our grasp once again. Every time Thomas confided in me about maybe not being able to save him. Every time we lost one of our fighters.

It was her fault.

Any friendship we used to have is gone. I had erased any good memories. She would be a stranger if our lives weren't still eternally entangled together. And if she does one more thing to hurt one of my boys again... she wouldn't be walking away from that fight.

"Yep... let's just hope I don't find her," I muttered. I glanced up at the two boys. I could tell they needed a moment, so I turned and slowly walked back to the Ute. Fry helped me into the back although my ankle was feeling okay.

He was still in shock from his kiss, so I chuckled and slapped him on the back. As I turned back to Newt and Thomas, I saw Tom kiss my brother on the forehead before walking back to the car.

Watching their affection is usually fine. No pang of jealousy. No burst of grief. But now with Fry and Brenda on top of that... I can't help it.

I know it's selfish. I'm so lucky to be alive. To have friends. To have my brother. But I couldn't stop myself from thinking, what if? What if the boy I loved was alive, here, with me? The grey, cold face of Gally's dead body still haunted me every time I closed my eyes to go to sleep. Newt had reassured me hundreds of times that it wasn't my fault, but I knew he was lying. To make me feel better.

Face it, I killed Gally.

I killed him.

I killed that boy.

And I killed a part of myself that day too.

A part of me that will never be revived again.