Chapter 7: The Forgotten Element

"He knows we're coming. But we can't just hide here and do nothing," Lloyd said. "We have to wait until nightfall," Nya replied, "There's too many of them." "And then what?" Lloyd asked, "Every moment we wait he grows more powerful and-" "Son, Chen gains power by taking from others. But real power does the opposite," Garmadon replied, "It powers those around you, like the way you've empowered me. We will get you to Chen. And you will destroy his staff."

"Remember, destroy the staff and everyone's powers return," Ophelia reminded Lloyd as they prepared to sneak into the palace, "You came here to make our team whole again. Finish the job." Lloyd pulled up his ninja mask as Nya shot a rope that connected to the next building. The group slid across the rope and landed on a building behind some guards. Ophelia and Lloyd knocked them out and continued inside the building. More guards rushed at the group, and they tried to fight, Ophelia using her powers to form a large rock wall to keep the guards out. The group continued round the corner, only to be met by Clouse. "Go son. Leave Clouse to us," Garmadon told him. "Good luck," Lloyd said to himself and Nya. "Your father and the young Chen do not believe in luck," Clouse scoffed. "I know. I wasn't talking to them," Lloyd replied, running off down another corridor. Garmadon grabbed a sword as Clouse did the same... but his was an Anacondrai blade. "Just like back on the training yard," Garmadon said. "Only this time, I refuse to lose!" Clouse declared, swinging his sword at Garmadon, who blocked quickly. The pair continually swung at each other, but Clouse swung with such force his blade sliced Garmadon's sword into pieces. Garmadon gasped in horror, and Nya and Ophelia took that as a sign to jump in, striking at Clouse with a samurai blade and twin swords respectively. Clouse struggled to keep up, quickly moving on the defensive as he sliced through Nya's blade, kicking her away as he turned his full attention to Ophelia. "I've been looking forward to this," Clouse admitted, glaring at her. "Well, I haven't," Ophelia replied, simply using her powers to toss him into the roof before sending him into the ground, slamming into both walls as Clouse struggled desperately, screaming profanities at her as Garmadon's lips twitched, clearly struggling not to roar with laughter at the scene before him. Ophelia then ferociously slammed him back into the ground. However, more guards then appeared, grabbing Nya and holding their swords to her throat, causing Ophelia to stop, releasing Clouse as she and Garmadon raised their hands in surrender.

Smirking, Clouse stood, glaring at Ophelia before he had a few guards tie the group up, taking Ophelia away from the others before eventually leaving her in front of a pair of doors with Lloyd, surrounded by guards, who dragged them through the doors into a large underground chamber with cultists bowing and chanting. "Why would you help them," Lloyd hissed up at Kai, who leaned down to whisper to him. "Don't worry," Kai told him and Ophelia, about to say more, but Clouse came over, "It won't hurt, that much! Hahaha!" Kai finished, doing a terrible evil laugh. "Now, the final elements!" Chen declared, raising his staff in front of Ophelia and Lloyd, "Only one can remain!" Saying this, the staff sucked the green power out of LLoyd as he collapsed to the ground, weak from losing his powers, while the silver power reacted violently, throwing Chen onto his back as it refused to be absorbed. "Father!" Skylor yelled, concerned as she ran over to help him up. "Hmm, it seems the Silver Power is too great to be consumed by the Crystal. A pity, it seems we have no choice. Daughter?" Chen asked, causing Skylor to gasp before kneeling before him. "I offer my powers to you father," Skylor declared as Chen sucked the power from her, Skylor getting back and moving to stand with Kai, groaning slightly, looking tired.

"Hahaha! Every elemental power, all under my control! Do you feel the power? I do!" Chen declared gleefully as Clouse began the spell, "All of you who bear the mark of the Anacondrai, our time has come! We shall shed our skins for new ones, and be the most powerful force in all of Ninjago!" "Father, let me stand beside you," Skylor asked. "Yes, yes, join me," Chen replied, "After today Master Chen's won't just be Ninjago's number 1 Noodle house, but Ninjago's number 1 ruler!"

"Hey Chen! You forgot one element! The Element of surprise!" Kai declared, Skylor kicking the staff from her father's hands. "You betray me?!" Chen questioned, furious, only to go flying from a kick to the back. "Runs in the family, father," Ophelia replied bitterly as she and Skylor shared a smile, the latter kicking the staff to Kai. "Get him!" Chen yelled, pointing at Kai as he got back to his feet. Kai then used the staff to summon lightning, knocking back the cultists and freeing Lloyd. Ophelia then used her powers, sending a wave of fire at another horde of cultists, forcing them to run away. "That was all an act?" Lloyd asked Kai, surprised. "Don't worry, I had it all under control," Kai assured him as Ophelia kicked Clouse over, who was about to drop a pool of venom on top of Lloyd. "Well, almost. Ice!" Kai yelled, using the staff to freeze Clouse. "Hurry, Kai! You must destroy the staff," Ophelia told him. "Chen was right. This thing's awesome," Kai murmured, ignoring her as he attacked the cultists with the staff, eyes beginning to turn red. "Kai, it holds too much power! Destroy it!" Lloyd pleaded before turning to Ophelia and Skylor, worried, as Kai continued to ignore them, "The power is corrupting him! If we don't get the staff out of his hands-" "No one is taking my staff!" Kai yelled hatefully as he turned to the pair, eyes blazing red, "You had all the power. Now it's my turn!" "Ah, what am I saying?" Kai questioned as he regained control, horrified. "Nothing I don't already feel!" Kai declared, his eyes blazing red again. "Yes, embrace the power," Chen encouraged gleefully. "I- I can't control it!" Kai exclaimed, horrified as he lost control again, "I don't want to control it. I should have been the Green Ninja!" Kai yelled, preparing to attack Lloyd with Energy. "No Kai. Don't!" Lloyd pleaded as Ophelia tackled Kai to the ground, knocking the staff away from him just before a Roto Jet burst through the chamber's wall, opening fire on the cultists. "Did anyone order a little kung pao?" Cole asked as the Elemental Masters fought the cultists. "Zane! Good to see you again, buddy!" Lloyd greeted, pulling him into a hug. "And it's good to be back," Zane replied. Kai, Chen and Ophelia all raced for the staff, Ophelia grabbing it first and smashing the crystal against the ground, Elemental power flowing back to their true masters. "No!" Chen yelled, horrified. "And that is why no one should forcibly hold more than one Elemental Power at once," Ophelia told Kai sternly, who nodded grimly in agreement, looking guilty. "Now bad guys in big trouble!" Karlof declared, turning his skin metal as he attacked the cultists. "Ninja go!" The male ninja yelled as the ninja used spinjitzu to defeat many of the other cultists. "It always brings a tear to my eye seeing the old gang back together," Nya admitted. "Argh, they have all the power!" Chen yelled, furious as he, Clouse and a small group of cultists escaped. "For now, Master. But not for long," Clouse assured him as he dragged a tied-up Skylor behind him.

"No sign of Chen. And no sign of Skylor either," Garmadon added as he, Nya, Kai and Ophelia stood together outside the palace, the other Masters talking to each other after finishing tying up the cultists. "If it wasn't for my sister's help, we wouldn't have control of the island. We'll find her, Kai," Ophelia assured him. "It's funny. We came here to find an old friend," Kai mused, looking over to Zane, who was performing a silly dance in front of the other Masters, "I just didn't think we'd make so many new ones." "We'll find her, Kai. And we'll find Chen," Garmadon added.