Chapter 6: Spellbound

The Elemental Master now sat together in a blimp floating over the island. "What are you looking at Zippy?" Jay asked Griffin. "The next one out of the tournament," Turner replied as Jay grimaced, looking down at his injured leg. "Uh, heh," Jay laughed weakly, trying to pretend his injury did not hurt. "Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow? Afraid we'll find a tattoo and discover you're working for Chen?" Kai asked. "I hope this next fight is between us so I can put you on your back," Shadow retorted, clearly irritated. "Do you mind?" Skylor angrily asked Mr Pale, who was whistling at her in a cat calling fashion. "Tensions are high," Garmadon pointed out. "About as high as we are now," Ophelia replied as Lloyd nodded in agreement. "I've had enough of this. I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?" Neuro questioned, clearly scared as he opened the door to the cockpit of the blimp, only to find it empty. "How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see the light! Oh, oh, I'm on right now? Ahem, final nine! I see all of you are eager for the tournament to continue so you may win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for Jade Blades however, you'll be fighting for something else," Chen said, showing a picture of Nya hiding on the island. "Nya," Kai gasped. "You know her?" Skylor asked. "She's my sister," Kai explained. "We have an uninvited guest on the island," Chen said. "And she must be holding the truth to stop Chen," Kai continued. "Find her and you will automatically move on-" "The spell he plans to use once he has all our powers," Kai finished. "To the final round!" Chen declared. "He wants us all to hunt her down? She won't stand a chance," Jay protested. "Then we have to find her before anyone else does," Lloyd directed. "In ten seconds the bottom will drop," Chen declared to the fighter's horror, "However to show I'm not a bad man, I've given you eight parachutes. It would've been nine, but I'm curious to see the so-called Silver Dragon power. Oh, Sensei Garmadon's there too? Shoot, that makes ten. Oh well, never was good at maths. Toodle-oo!" Chen finished mockingly as the floor began to open.

"This guy's love of trap doors is seriously getting on my nerves!" Lloyd complained as the Master's were dropped through. Lloyd attempted to form his green Energy Dragon, but his power would not manifest as Ophelia fell next to him, not summoning her power so she could try to help. "Your powers won't work because you aren't controlling your fear!" Ophelia explained, "Focus!" "Yes, control your fear! Don't let it control you!" Garmadon agreed. "I got one! Hahaha!" Jay laughed as he grabbed a parachute. "Centre yourself," Ophelia encouraged as she grabbed one of the parachutes, floating closer to the pair. "Maybe we can share," Lloyd suggested to his father. "They're only built for one. This is an easy decision," Garmadon replied. "You're right, it is," Ophelia agreed, pushing the parachute into Garmadon's arms, activating it before he could protest. "What have you done?!" Garmadon yelled, horrified as Lloyd and Ophelia continued to fall towards the surface. "Control my fear," Lloyd murmured, energy crackling around him as he finally managed to summon his dragon, Ophelia doing the same as the pair landed in the forest, unharmed. "If we're going to find Nya before the others do, we have a lot of ground to cover," Garmadon warned. "Agreed. Let's get moving," Ophelia said, kicking a piece of bamboo into her hand to work as a staff. "Look, Nya's footprints," Lloyd said, pointing them out. "Nya's smarter than that," Garmadon replied. "Yes, she wants everyone else to follow these, but only for us to notice this. Her Samurai X symbol," Ophelia agreed, pointing out the carving on a nearby tree. "Should I give you a lift, dad?" Lloyd offered, preparing to summon his dragon. "No, save your energy. It's best not to draw attention," Garmadon advised as the group began to walk through the forest. "You said before that Master Chen was your Sensei, but nothing else," Lloyd said as the group continued, Garmadon sighing at the silent question. "Son, there are things in my past I am not proud of. Perhaps it's time you know the truth. After the Devourer bit me when I was a child, it took years for the evil to fully consume me," Garmadon explained, remembering his training with Chen.