45. - Ancient Fire and The Fire Prince.

Start from the beginning

It feels like I had lost a lot of valuable time by doing all that stuff I just did, so there was a high chance I was behind all other adventurers in here in terms of monsters killed.

Maybe I could go and defeat the dungeons boss...
I remember the Guildmaster saying something about defeating the Dungeon boss and anyone who contributed even a little towards its defeat, would gain a significant boost to their rank up.

'Maybe if I defeat it using one of my skills, I could rank up a lot..'

I thought before shaking my head a moment later.

No, that was the LAST thing I wanted to do.
All that would do is drag a LOT of unnecessary attention towards me and what not - which was not ideal for me at all.
If anything, I would like to avoid that as much as possible.

'I'll just go over there, use some Black Magic spells on the thing and let others kill it. That way, I don't look suspicious.'

I thought, smiling proudly.
In my mind, this plan was absolutely water tight - no way, was it going to fail in any way — Right?

    Meanwhile....
        Somewhere else....

        Avid watched as the 6 Adventurers he had made acquaintances with struggled to fight against their enemy - A Greater Lava Lizard.
The 6 Adventurers all were trying their best to follow Avid's instructions in order to defeat the thing.

[Avid] "Eelio and Hucrel! Don't allow your teammates to tank any damage! You two are Front Warriors, your job is to deal physical damage combined with being a shield!"

Avid called out to the 2 Warriors in the party. Eelio was a human, and the leader of the party, while Hucrel was a young Dwarf, who was the first one to join the party, since he was childhood friends with Eelio.

[Eelio] "U-Understood Sir Avid..!"

Eelio shouted back, gesturing to Hucrel to charge up close to the Lava Lizard.
The monster prepared to swing its tail at the two warriors, however before it could connect, the swing was blocked by a shield, that was set up by the two mages in the party.

[Avid] "Very good, Acra and Dein! Now make sure to cast some buffs on Eelio and Hucrel before breaking the shield spell!"

[Acra] 'Easier said than done-..'

She thought, before looking at Dein, who nodded as they both let go of the spell they were casting, quickly casting as many buffing spells as they could onto the 2 warriors up front.

[Avid] "Now- Adina! Cast a protection spell on them!"

[Adina] "R-Right!"

She closed her eyes and began to chant.

[Adina] "Oh Holy ones hear my prayer and grant your protection to my targets - Holy Protection!"

She announced, finishing the incantation before casting the protection spell on Eelio and Hucrel.
The two warriors quickly dodged the tail which was about to hit them, leaping into the air before beginning to scale up the creature from it's back.

[Avid] "Now Arfur, keep that thing distracted by getting its attention! Acra and Dein you restrain the thing!"

"Right!"