Chapter Eleven

W I L L I A M

Greyson has been making so much progress recently. I think meeting me has finally shown him that surviving and really living are two very different things. Or maybe he was just tired of his past controlling his present.

Greyson turns in his sleep to face me; I've been up for a while just keeping him close. I've noticed that he hasn't been having as many nightmare either.

"My Sunshine." I murmured kissing the top of his head. Grey groans shoving his face into my chest.

"Sunshine it's time to get up."

"Noooo." He groans trying to roll away from me.

"Bub, you have to go to school." Grey mumbles incoherently again. Ok time for drastic measures. I kiss the back of his neck and along his shoulder.

"That's playing dirty."

"I'm aware." I murmured pressing a gentle kiss to his neck.

"Ok fine I'm awake." When he rolls over to face me I smile softly.

"Good morning Sunshine."

"Morning." Grey doesn't look very happy to be awake.

"You ready to have to answer a billion questions from people?" His eyebrows furrowed confused.

"The parking lot yesterday."

"See, but I don't have to talk to anyone. I usually don't, dating you doesn't change that." Grey answers sitting up and stretching. I get a good look at his back, every time it takes my breath away. Before I even realize my fingers graze the scars. Grey's body tenses under my touch. 

"Sorry." I murmur pulling my hand away.

"No it's okay. I don't mind, you caught me off guard." He smiles softly but I can see the hesitation in his eyes.

"Sunshine, if it bothers you then tell me. I need to know what is ok and what isn't. I won't be mad I would just like to know what makes you uncomfortable." I say pressing a light kiss to his shoulder.

"It's really okay, I promise. You've never made me uncomfortable; in fact it's thanks to you that I've even made this much progress." Grey says grabbing my hand. My heart beats wildly with so much pride. This feels like love to me. It seemed like it was way too early to be feeling like this about him; but damn I was falling.

Without thinking I kissed him, pulling Grey into my lap. Man he was something truly special.

"What was that for?" Grey asked when we pulled away to breathe. I only shrug and kiss him again.

"Ok let's get ready for school." I whisper against his lips. He leans forward not done kissing me.

"Sunshine, as much as I'd like to stay here all day with you; we need to get ready."

"No." Grey murmured locking his legs around my hips. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. My hands rested on Grey's hips, both of them moved to cup his face. I kissed him with everything I had; Grey groaned softly. The things his noises did to me, fuck. Grey's hands tangled into my hair, he tugged lightly.

Man I've never felt like this with anyone else. Being with Grey felt like I'd won the lottery. A knock on the door pulled us out of our haze.

"Boys you're going to be late for school if you don't hurry up!" Mom called through the door.

"Come on Sunshine, we have to get ready." I whispered leaning my forehead against his.

"Fine, I'm getting up." He grumbles getting off the bed.  I watch him find clothes and smile when he steals a t-shirt. When he catches me watching I just smirk at him. Grey rolls his eyes and moves to find something else. When he comes back over to me he wordlessly hands me clothes.