Epilogue.

Phiwokuhle's POV
Eight years later.

I park my car in the garage and sigh. I had a long day at work and I'm really tired. What I need now is a good glass of wine and some good home made food cooked by Ayesha. I get out off the car and take out my bags from the boot. I close the boot and lock the car and head inside.

"Honey I'm home!" I shout and she chuckles. I've always wanted to do this and now I'm glad I get to experience it with her. I don't know why she laughs everytime I say it though. "Kitchen!" she shouts back. I walk to my home office and leave my bags there and walk to the kitchen. I get there and i find her stirring something in the pot.

I stand behind her and wrap my arms around her waist and plant a kiss on her neck. "Unjani?" I ask. (How are you?) "Ngiyaphila wena." answers Ayesha. (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) She turns around to face me and pecks my lips. "How was your day?"

"It was fine but you know how hectic work can get. I'm just tired and all I need is a glass of wine and some good food made by you." I answer and she chuckles. "Don't worry i have those ready for you. You can go take a bath I've already prepared it for you." she says and i smile. "Really?" "Yes really now go bath so you can eat." I chuckle and peck her lips.

I untangle my arms around her and go upstairs. I love how thoughtful she is. I get inside our bedroom and take off my clothes and put them in the dirty hamper. I walk to the bathroom and there are candles around the tub and a few rose petals in the water with some bubbles. I appreciate this gesture. This makes me love her even more.

I test the water to check if it's hot enough and it is so I get inside and sigh when the water detangles my knots. I think I want a massage after this. Work is really hectic and being around dead bodies can take a toll on you but I've learnt to detach my emotions while I'm busy with work and i will feel when I get home.

The thing I enjoy about my work is that I'm alone and nobody disturbs me unless I'm working with another person to help me identify the cause of death for the victim if the body is badly decomposed but most of the time I'm alone which I like because I don't like being around people. A few are an exception. The annoying part is when I have to go to court to explain the cause of death and so forth.

But I have adjusted to that part so it is no longer a bad thing like it was when I first began going to court. I take the washcloth and start bathing myself. After bathing i chill for another ten minutes before I get out of the tub. I drain the tub and clean it. I wrap a towel around my body and walk to my room.

I take out my pjamas and lotion from the closet and start lotioning my body. I wear my pjamas and bonnet and go downstairs. Now I feel refreshed and a bit better. I get to the kitchen and i see her plate up for us. "How was your day?" I ask. "It was good. It was nice taking a day off for the first time in centuries." she answers.

"That's because you think being a workaholic is nice." I say and she chuckles. "Look at the pot calling the kettle black." she says and we chuckle. "I'm not tryna act better but I'm just saying that you enjoyed it because you are so used to being a workaholic." "You should take it too." "No I'm fine at work." She chuckles.

"Oh please everyone needs a break and that everyone includes you love." she says. "I know but I enjoy working." I say. "The same work that sometimes affects your mental health." "Its what I love doing Ayesha." "I know but I'm saying you need a break because the field that you are in requires you to take a break sometimes." "I'm fine."