Chapter 2: Special friend.

Phiwokuhle's POV

I'm glad i arrived home or rather my dad's house cause it doesn't feel like a home. A home should be warm and filled with love not tears and screams and toxicity everyday. The minute I enter I'm welcomed by my sister. "How was school babes?" she asks. I've never had her ask me how school was so I'm sure she wants something from me.

"It was okay. Do you want anything from me?" I ask. "No i don't want anything from you. Why would you say that?" she asks. "You just giving me unexpected attention." "I was just checking up on you nothing much. And you my sister so its important i make sure you are okay." "Okay weird but okay." She chuckles.

I go upstairs and change into comfortable clothing and i unpack my bag. I have to start covering my books or should i say my mom should help me cause I don't know. I never saw the point of learning how to cover my books cause one day I won't need it. And this is the last year so it's pointless learning now.

I go back downstairs and go to the kitchen and i find my mom baking. "Hi love." I greet and she chuckles. "Hi love uright?" she asks. (are you okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena." (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila. How was school?" (I'm good too.) "It was okay." "So it's okay when mama asks you about school but mina i can't." says Mandisa. "Mandisa I'm not used to the attention you give me so its a bit difficult to process."

"What kind of a sister are you?" she asks. "That's the question you supposed to be asking yourself." I answer. "Please don't fight guys I'm not in the mood." says mom. "Don't worry we just showing each other sisterly love. Right?" "Right." Parents should never involve themselves in sibling fights cause it will cause us to actually fight.

"So you don't have any potential friends there?" asks Mandisa. "I have found myself some acquaintances but I wanna see how long this acquaintanceship will last cause knowing myself two day max." I answer and she laughs. "I'm proud at the fact that you have people to hang out with." I roll my eyes. "It's not like i have characteristics that prevent me from fitting into the society."

"Girl you do. Like who on earth gets into a fight first day of school." she teases. "Nah man that boy provoked me and he was about to do the same to Phiwokwakhe so i had to get to him before he got to Phiwokwakhe. So to sum it up that was self defense. And no one should have an issue cause I was defending my brother." I say. "Or pranking the teachers?" "Truth or dare is a risky game."

"You always have reasons to justify your excuses." says mom. "That's because it's justifiable and very normal for teenagers to act the way I do." I say. "No its not normal to get into a fight on the first day of school." says Mandisa. "Personalities aren't the same." "Excuses excuses." I roll my eyes. "Girl don't play with me." She snickers.

"Mama please help me cover my books." I say. "At your big age sisi." says Mandisa. "I never saw the point of learning so yeah at my big age." "Later on." "Okay then. And wena don't judge me there are certain things you can't do but you old." She rolls her eyes. "Name one." "You have to ask someone to put on your socks because you don't know which one is left or right."

"It's very difficult to differentiate socks." she says in a defensive tone. "Now it's my turn to say excuses excuses." I say and we laugh. "Where are the boys?" "They at school but your dad is going to fetch them something about signing up for sports." "When is he going on a work trip?" "I don't know why." "He needs to be gone for a while." "Forever sounds better."